Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

I had half of the dino missions done during you making the jungle. If you dig in the jungle thread you should see  Dino 1 or Dino 4. I did Dino 2 and 3 around July 26.  I won't be doing Dino 5 as you are the Dinos and I can change the radar or unit voices.

I must concur with Nyerguds on this, the anti-Dino units should have the JP house, all white.

Uhh. I never said that.

First of all, I was talking about leaving Funpark mission 2 in Desert theater.

Secondly, In TD, house JP is yellow, and used for the actual Dinosaurs. The house used for the player in these missions (originally, in the actual "funpark" mode) was the silver-coloured Multi4.

House JP was MEANT to be the house to be used against the dinos (the name string ID linked to them in the house object's constructor function is the ID of the string "Containment Team"). They just used it all wrong when making the actual missions :P

Mind you, this switch was probably done to prevent the dinos from giving "GDI/Nod unit destroyed" notifications if you'd turn on the DeathAnnounce option in conquer.ini; they needed a unique side for them to prevent that.

Greetings all - I've been a long time guest here and am now a first time poster.

This is an outstanding MOD, but I have tried to download the most recent update and get an error saying that the 'set-up files are corrupted' when attempting to run the video installer - is anyone else having problems with this?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I know it has been some time since I have posted any thing about the next Red Dawn. I did everything pack it up into a .exe and even uploaded it but came to the decision to add CnCNet5. This meant things had to be changed (removal of the music) and adding/updating of parts from Red Dawn Online.

Maps that had their theater changed no longer give a false warning of possable cheats in CnCNet5. Check the desert maps for tile errors(sloppy work by Westwood that became vary bad with the new desert beachs). Fix the CnCNet5 map preview generator's winter.ini as it was not showing water and add a jungle.ini for jungle maps.

One thing that may be of interest is buildable landmines. For the longest time I thought landmines couldn't be built as building the would cause the Con Yard to jam and you could not build any building as well the Con Yard would keep playing the building placed animation.

I checked all of the keys that the landmines use and none seem to be the cause of the Con Yard jam. The cause was the landmine buildup. Both landmines use a single frame buildup. Using the Tib Silo buildup as temp buildup fixed the Con Yard jam and made both types of landmines buildable.

I made some buildups for both mines and have the mines set at Adjacent=4 so the can be build away from buildings but they can't be used to base creep and are unsellable. Anti-vehicle mines are 250 a mine and require a Weapons Factoy. Anti-personnel mine are 125 a mine and require a basic Power Plant.

I'm not sure if buildable landmines are a good idea. It would be nice if some online players would post with there thoughts about the landmines.

red_alert-2014-09-09-16_20_37.png.675a34354317eb2626959c28f693d2bc.png

I don't want the landmine massive change gameplay but something to put a damper on tank rushes.

Those cranes are a building V37. They are set to Capturable=true and are a quick way to get to the water so you can build a Ship Yard or Sub Pen. Saddly they have no remap as V37 dose not use remap logic.

The shadow of the bottom left walls corner is a stock tile. That was pointed out of the Terrain Expansion for RA1? thread by Nyerguds when I ported wall from the interior to the other theaters and all of the things from terrain expansion thread have been added to the next version of Red Dawn as well.

The cranes are a cool idea then.

Not sure if mines will really stop tank rushes, the better way to deal with the problem is to make sure that infantry, or at least bikes, can take down tanks. That way, there are other key units to the game, and because those key units have different armor types, other weapons also then become more useful.

-Liam

I don't want to stop tank rushes as well saddly they are the core RTS tactic for playing. I just want a player to not spend every last cent on tanks. I don't want the mines to be cheap and be place-able far away from a base. That would turn things into a mess as you would have to clear and area and keep it clear to move any units to attack. On the other hand I don't want mines to be useless if they make the game.

What I would like to do is change the CnCNet 5 Aftermath Game game option into a Classic C&C/Extended C&C option. By leaving the option OFF the game would only use C&C95 units and buildings but with the option ON you would be able to build all the RA1 units and buildings that have been usable in missions.

I'm 99.9% sure I can do this the prob is that an auto update of the CnCNet 5 languages would undo any text change I did. I may have to ask Funky if a key could be added to the cncnet5.ini or other file that say NOT to update the languages OR if Red Dawn could have it own set of languages that could be hosted and updated as needed.

Well, that's kinda the beauty of dawn. Nod players were more likely to make bikes LONG before tanks. In fact, when I play as Nod, I seldom make tanks at all.

I'm let to see a remake of dawn which actually manages to capture aspect, really at all, sadly :P

Not that I've played red dawn online, so I don't know how well you managed to balance it.

-Liam

cncnet will not update language files for mods, you can change them as you like

for mods, only these files will be updated automatically:

cncnet5.exe

HowToOpenPort8054UDP.txt

GeoIP.db

ra95-spawn.exe

PlayerIDs.sqlite

System.Data.SQLite.dll

MapWhiteList.txt

if you have any maps that give a warning about cheats then click on the Cheats button in the game lobby and copy the checksum from there, send it to me and i add it to the trusted list

White

Red Dawn is a near copy or C&C95 but for the RA1/new units and buildings. There are some things I can't fix like the Harvester unload rate. The best I can do is slow the Harvesters down by messing with [Enter], [unload] OreTruckRate= and speed of the Harvester.

FunkyFr3sh

I know you do fix the languages for translate errors and add new ones. I wanted to make sure thing would be fine if I changed them. I was able to fix all maps but for Circles of Death by removing the houses ([uSSR], [England] .etc) that Westwood left in the maps. Circles of Death is a stock aftermath map has 30 preplaced ships that attack all players and still put up a warning.

EDIT:

FunkyFr3sh the LabelAftermathGame= seem to be hardcoded in the cncnet5.exe to always say Aftermath Game:. The cncnet5.exe I have is 2,219 KB and has date modified of 8/14/2014

That fixed it. I don't plan to change any other text. One odd this is that the CnCNet5 won't display the & in Classic C&C Game when I use it as a text. It just deletes the &.  :laugh:

I'm guessing it need a code in place of the & so that when the text is displayed in CnCNet5 it will be a &.

Yeah, I know, but some things in RA are really strange, like that HeatSeaker move kinda strangely and are actually quite inaccurate which makes rocket troops, etc, crappier.

Maybe I should find some people to test your mod out with online. I'm sure you can forgive me for previously just just playing TD xD

-Liam

Yeah, I know, but some things in RA are really strange, like that HeatSeaker move kinda strangely and are actually quite inaccurate which makes rocket troops, etc, crappier.

Maybe I should find some people to test your mod out with online. I'm sure you can forgive me for previously just just playing TD xD

-Liam

Yeah I always wondered how we could fix that :/

Try and recreate rocket logic from TD (with agts etc)

Nyerguds

That worked! I should of thought of that. I tied to seach for a way to make a program display & but that was quite useless...

White

[HeatSeeker] is inaccurate because of Inaccurate=yes. Rocket Infantry in Red Dawn haven't used the HeatSeeker projectile from 2012 forward. Right now the AGT missiles, Mammoth Tanks missiles, Rocket Launcher missiles, Missile Submarine missiles and unused Chrono Tank missiles the HeatSeeker projectile.

If you get your CnCNet5 working let me know. I'll send you a copy of 2014 I'm working on.

Yeah, but unless you make them not turning at ALL, they do different damage depending on the DIRECTION they fly in. I'd been doing some in game testing with LoveHandles trying to balance rocket troops for my latest mod. In the end I've made them basically like a slow tank shell that looks like a missile.

-Liam

Yeah, but unless you make them not turning at ALL, they do different damage depending on the DIRECTION they fly in. I'd been doing some in game testing with LoveHandles trying to balance rocket troops for my latest mod. In the end I've made them basically like a slow tank shell that looks like a missile.

-Liam

Thats actually a really smart idea, I will experiment with said idea I think.