Remaster Update and Community Council

Grant

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

It’s been a little over a month since we announced details about Command & Conquer Remastered, and we continue to be humbled by the excitement from the community. To provide a quick update on our development timeline, I’m excited to share that Petroglyph officially started development in December and are well underway with their pre-production items. Lemon Sky is equally hard at work, and already generating some of our first pieces of concept art. We can’t wait to begin sharing more about the development, and discussing many of your suggestions in the feedback thus far.

Latest announcement from @EA_Jimtern - read the full announcement on the C&C Sub Reddit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Chimas Yes. I can say that I am part of it. Don't get your hopes up for any special behind the scenes news as we are all under NDA. It is still early days. I don't know much much sway the words of the council members have, but I will do my best to represent the C&C1 and RA1 communities. I have already been in contact with some of the best C&C1 players to hear their thoughts and I plan do to the same with some of the best RA1 players.

Please continue providing feedback. It is important that EA and Petroglyph hears what is the communities wishes are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndrewFord said:

Can i be a part of it? Like as a playtester and/or someone who gives feedback?

Currently there is no one who is known in the cncnet red alert community being part of the council, I already suggested to change that but it seems like it's too late since they've set it all up already and it's not possible to add more people.

The good news are that CCHyper is part of the council and he said he is willing to start playing/spectating some games on cncnet and he will try to get to know the cncnet community. If you see him around on cncnet then forward all suggestions to him.

It has been a few years since I have been active in the community forums, but I have been active behind the scenes on CNCNet (spending all my free time working on Chronoshift of course). So in the New Year, I will be spending a few evenings a week for a couple of months playing online and joining in the games. It would be great to hear what the competitive players of both C&C and RA would like to see in the Remasters. So if you do see me in the game lobby, do say Hi!

I am also a part of the Remasters Community Council, and I would also just like to mirror what @Torehas said, and I would like to add that we are here to make sure people have a direct line of communion with the developers. While we won't be able to provide you with the answers to these questions, I want people to have confidence that your voice is being heard and we will make sure we represent the CNCNet community in the best way, after all, we all want to ensure the Remasters turn out to be a game that all players can enjoy.

Edited by CCHyper
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2018 at 1:16 AM, Tore said:

@Chimas Yes. ... Please continue providing feedback. It is important that EA and Petroglyph hears what is the communities wishes are.

Don't worry, I don't need and don't want any inside information. My concern  is that our dedicated community should have representatives once we're keeping this game for years.

I have been under NDA before in other remasterization, I know the feel and I have access to developers inside this project. Despite of that, I don't wanna be part of the process. My only request is an importer/converter of the old missions. The request has been done and I'm waiting to check which technological direction EA and partners will take. If not attended, no problem at all.

Although being around for some time, I don't feel qualified to be a vigilante inside the council or in the right of haveing acces to privileged information, but given you have done this "job" (of community leader) very well so far, I believe we are well represented.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:16 AM, Tore said:

@Chimas Yes. I can say that I am part of it. Don't get your hopes up for any special behind the scenes news as we are all under NDA. It is still early days. I don't know much much sway the words of the council members have, but I will do my best to represent the C&C1 and RA1 communities. I have already been in contact with some of the best C&C1 players to hear their thoughts and I plan do to the same with some of the best RA1 players.

Please continue providing feedback. It is important that EA and Petroglyph hears what is the communities wishes are.

Oh man, what kind of godlike news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r93c6qN9XyY&t=25s

8qclr.jpg

Edited by N3tRunn3r

• 3 months later...

Why is their such little support for tiberian sun? :O

Would love to see a remaster for that over then the one on moddb with the cnc-net client.

Not saying its not a great modification for the game, because it is, enjoyed playing it on prison.

But wow a remaster for that game would be epic!

-SyS

• 1 month later...

TS will come later first start with the grandaddy CNC 1 !

Please don't ask competition players opinions, they tend to skew the originality of the game which causes it to feel unrealistic, rushed without focus on detail !

• Upvote 1