YR Lan Issues - Update Thread

Grant

Question

We're hearing you loud and clear and are looking into the problem. Please be patient as we try and rectify this for you all!

Will try and keep this thread updated with the latest.

Meanwhile: Exact steps you are taking to the crash would be really helpful!

• Thanks 1

23 answers to this question

On 4/8/2020 at 10:25 PM, mycroes said:

I think it's the issue that's already fixed in xna-cncnet-client 2.6.2.4, in 02e82aba. I compiled the latest version of the client and it allows me to join a lan game again. The version of the xna-cncnet-client that's bundled with the 6.3 update is version 2.6.0.5, which is a bit behind. Hope this will get released soon!

Admin, please make a new update and add the newer xna-cncnet-client 2.6.2.4. It will solve the problem. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing this issue as well. I do not have any firewall besides windows defender. I use ZeroTier to create a VPN. The ZeroTier network has Metric 1 so i can make sure that it's the network used by the game. When i try to play with somebody over this Lan we can both see eachother in the lobby. Any one of us can create a game but the other person cannot join it. On the joining computer we get the error saying: Yuri's Revenge has crashed. Error Message: 
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. 

On the server side in the game i see the player connecting and then getting disconnected. I'm sorry to say i can't remember what message it gives when it disconnects the other player. I think connection timed out but i could be wrong. Will be back with an edit once i get the chance to try it again.

Hope this helps.

PS: Amazing job you're doing of reviving these old classics :)

• Upvote 1

PLZ try to resolve the issue as soon as possible as staying at home without doing not much is frustrating during the lock down due to Corona situation, I was playing daily with brother and cousins as home at the start of our 15 days lock down but then this 6.1 update came and now cannot play on Lan this marvelous game with family, plz I plea for the solution.....

Hi there, first of all thanks for all the amazing work you guys do with this game.

Here's the error I have when hosting the game. The occurs when the other person tries to join the game.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see (as host) when it crashes. The person trying to join the game gets the same error as posted in this thread:

image.png

Edited by juterial

I think it's the issue that's already fixed in xna-cncnet-client 2.6.2.4, in 02e82aba. I compiled the latest version of the client and it allows me to join a lan game again. The version of the xna-cncnet-client that's bundled with the 6.3 update is version 2.6.0.5, which is a bit behind. Hope this will get released soon!

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 11:49 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

You guys could also play an online game instead (until it's fixed)! Just host a room with a password and you should be fine

Me and my dad have tried playing online too. When we try to play each other, we get "Reconnection error" after about 15 seconds. And after a few tries, neither of us can even see any games to join but can see everyone typing in the lobby!

1 hour ago, OllieLAN said:

Me and my dad have tried playing online too. When we try to play each other, we get "Reconnection error" after about 15 seconds. And after a few tries, neither of us can even see any games to join but can see everyone typing in the lobby!

Oh, that's bad :(

You could try to start the game without CnCNet and click in the main menu on Network. I'm not sure that is actually working with the origin version right now though, but if it doesn't then post here again, I probably got the solution for it.

3 hours ago, OllieLAN said:

If you can't see games in the lobby it's likely you've not updated to the latest version. Ensure you're on the latest if you're playing online together.

Try playing standard maps together (not custom and see if that's the cause. Some custom maps need configuring properly with certain rules, others may not.

Also if you're trying to use any old style tools to change the gameplay online, that will cause reconnection errors too

On 4/13/2020 at 12:02 AM, Grant said:

If you can't see games in the lobby it's likely you've not updated to the latest version. Ensure you're on the latest if you're playing online together.

Try playing standard maps together (not custom and see if that's the cause. Some custom maps need configuring properly with certain rules, others may not.

Also if you're trying to use any old style tools to change the gameplay online, that will cause reconnection errors too.

Ok so we finally could see the game lobby but that reconnection issue perists. We are playing standard maps. (We can't figure out how to get custom ones working and we only use the normal rules :/20200414_155630.thumb.jpg.bc3a2c3578e062369ae709a0b207d689.jpg20200414_155423.thumb.jpg.4896da2b14ce1192b82edb2fec17d766.jpg

We both manage to get our barracks built and then crash! Is it because we are both on the same network?

On 4/8/2020 at 10:25 PM, mycroes said:

Hi. Can you guys please tell me how to compile? Thank you!

Here's a screenshot of the error message when attempting to join a LAN game. Both games are version 6.3 and we can play via internet just fine. I get the same error no matter which PC creates the game... the crash is on click of Join game. One thing to note is the when hovering the mouse pointer over the game in the left column, it says ping unknown.

Yuri's Revent Crash screenshot.png

Thank you for fixing it but now everytime me and my Dad try to play a game, we get this 10 seconds in! Whether we do that by LAN or Online lobby, always crash :( We just wanna play before I go off to uni! 

20200506_193533.jpg

Edited by OllieLAN

36 minutes ago, OllieLAN said:

Thank you for fixing it but now everytime me and my Dad try to play a game, we get this 10 seconds in! Whether we do that by LAN or Online lobby, always crash :( We just wanna play before I go off to uni! 

20200506_193533.jpg

This usually happens when the players have different files. Make sure you're both using the latest update to cncnet. You can force an update to run again by deleting the version file from each of your game directories and restarting the cncnet client and let it run the updater.

• Like 1

Whenever I try to host a game by clicking lan game and then clicking "create game", I get an instant crash with the following messages:

Yuri's Revenge has crashed. Error message:

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1233"

is this error related?

On 5/31/2020 at 12:33 PM, Haze said:

Whenever I try to host a game by clicking lan game and then clicking "create game", I get an instant crash with the following messages:

Yuri's Revenge has crashed. Error message:

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1233"

is this error related?

Messed with the firewall, trying to open port 1233, still totally clueless, this happens sometimes and after several restarts it works. Does anyone have any clue?