RA2 & YR Maps - A ginormous collection of maps!

fir3w0rx

i got it to work, it seem that i was trying to run the color ins 16bit which was throwing every thing off. also if any where hears form firecom3 he was looking for some of my maps, im on5lau9h7 form days past or the creator of the rawr maps. if he still wants i remade 2 of them and going to do the rest soon enough 

Sorry but I have no idea. It's weird that the rendering program only allows one file at a time. Nice tool (the only map renderer for RA2/YR as far as I know) but having this restriction is kinda annoying. I guess you'll have to render your maps one at a time (which you've probably already done by now :P ).

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Lucifer_MS said:

is there any way i can apply this to huge maps folder ? i can't do it one by one for 100 maps :(

Well... for those still interested, I figured out a way... (for Win 7, but it should be similar for Win 8 and 10)

Open up Command Prompt (in admin mode to avoid problems):

Spoiler

Click Start -> type: cmd -> right click cmd.exe -> click "Run as administrator"

Add RA2 & TS Map Renderer's folder to PATH:

Spoiler

In Command Prompt, type: path=%path%;(RA2 & TS Map Renderer folder). Example:

c:\>path=%path%;c:\games\ra2tsmaprenderer [ENTER]

Now go to your RA2/YR maps folder that you want to convert:

Spoiler

cd (RA2/YR maps folder). Example:

cd c:\games\ra2\maps [ENTER]

Finally, type (or copy/paste):

• for %m in (*.mpr,*.map,*.yrm) do cncmaps.renderer -i"%m" -j -s [ENTER]

This will convert all the maps in the folder that you chose into jpegs, with tiled starting positions. To see other options, type:

• cncmaps.renderer /help
Edited by fir3w0rx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/21/2017 at 8:23 PM, fir3w0rx said:

Well... for those still interested, I figured out a way... (for Win 7, but it should be similar for Win 8 and 10)

Open up Command Prompt (in admin mode to avoid problems):

Hide contents

Click Start -> type: cmd -> right click cmd.exe -> click "Run as administrator"

Add RA2 & TS Map Renderer's folder to PATH:

Hide contents

In Command Prompt, type: path=%path%;(RA2 & TS Map Renderer folder). Example:

c:\>path=%path%;c:\games\ra2tsmaprenderer [ENTER]

Now go to your RA2/YR maps folder that you want to convert:

Hide contents

cd (RA2/YR maps folder). Example:

cd c:\games\ra2\maps [ENTER]

Finally, type (or copy/paste):

• for %m in (*.mpr,*.map,*.yrm) do cncmaps.renderer -i"%m" -j -s [ENTER]

This will convert all the maps in the folder that you chose into jpegs, with tiled starting positions. To see other options, type:

• cncmaps.renderer /help

man ... where to write what ? can you just be more clear ?? 

i have RA2 folder in D:\Games\RA and the maps inside it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucifer_MS said:

man ... where to write what ? can you just be more clear ?? 

i have RA2 folder in D:\Games\RA and the maps inside it

I just re-read my post above but I can't really see how I can make it much clearer :P. You did click "Reveal hidden contents" in my post didn't you? If you did, how far do you get:

1. Opening Command Prompt (cmd)
  2. Adding RA2/YR Map Renderer to the PATH variable
  3. Changing Directory (cd) in cmd
  4. Copy-pasting into cmd?
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

I just re-read my post above but I can't really see how I can make it much clearer :P. You did click "Reveal hidden contents" in my post didn't you? If you did, how far do you get:

1. Opening Command Prompt (cmd)
  2. Adding RA2/YR Map Renderer to the PATH variable
  3. Changing Directory (cd) in cmd
  4. Copy-pasting into cmd?

lol .. sorry bro i was not focusing well. i used the map renderer i found in RA2 game file not the one you linked here xD, now it's working thank you !

9 minutes ago, Lucifer_MS said:

lol .. sorry bro i was not focusing well. i used the map renderer i found in RA2 game file not the one you linked here xD, now it's working thank you !

No problem. The renderer that came with the YR Client works the exact same way as well.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

No problem. The renderer that came with the YR Client works the exact same way as well.

one more question if you don't mind, so the whole thing am asking for is to edit some maps i have, mostly survival maps.

so the maps have names like "28827742..." and the renderer is producing screeshots with actual names, any idea how i can i make the renderer skip the map name and produce output based on input file ?? 

in other words, when i render the map "10.map", the screenshot name is "survival by X.jpg", can i force it to skip naming ? so the output be "10.jpg" ? or is there another app to change .map names ?

25 minutes ago, Lucifer_MS said:

one more question if you don't mind, so the whole thing am asking for is to edit some maps i have, mostly survival maps.

so the maps have names like "28827742..." and the renderer is producing screeshots with actual names, any idea how i can i make the renderer skip the map name and produce output based on input file ?? 

in other words, when i render the map "10.map", the screenshot name is "survival by X.jpg", can i force it to skip naming ? so the output be "10.jpg" ? or is there another app to change .map names ?

Add -o"%m" to

• for %m in (*.mpr,*.map,*.yrm) do cncmaps.renderer -i"%m" -j -s

So instead of that^, it's now...

• for %m in (*.mpr,*.map,*.yrm) do cncmaps.renderer -i"%m" -j -s -o"%m"

I tried it just now but only with a few files so I'm not 100% sure. Let me know how you go :P.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi
I have a problem with maps
I have two copies of Red Alert 2
The first one is old and has many maps and it does not work online
The second one is played online but has few maps
I have inside in the first version

A map I love very much and has many boxes

title.jpg.dd5118c6630ca081da73c17d27c0ff6b.jpg

map name

titled.jpg.513b92d0fa33b38a85ad26a8e8fc9a2d.jpg

26170004_10155214170109849_5309562506865223645_n.thumb.jpg.b2f344cc0eae27a77f1e2ce207a9b603.jpg

I did not find them anywhere on the Internet
When I move that map to the second version it works fine
But when playing online
A message appears
My copy is old and must be updated

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f38a936c2ce09f710c2d360df75f8428.jpg
Can anyone help me to play on that map online?
thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this forum however I am one of the original RA2 players. Is this game still played online? I don't seem to be able to make a  connection with any other players. I have the original copy, the very first release that was pulled off the shelves. I also have a new copy from origins that I have been using on windows 10.  I haven't had good luck with alternative maps on this edition.

• 8 months later...

Posting my (YR) custom maps from ages past here, per the advice of an upstanding member of this forum =p

Feel free to try, edit, or do whatever with them what you want. As said in my separate post, some of them might have overpowered spots etc, so it's probably worth taking a look at before using them in multiplayer (I didn't built them with pvp in mind methinks)

(Also they're in YRM/MPR format so probably need converting anyway)

4 isles.yrm a visit to the park.yrm base eraser.mpr easy to get.yrm grass city.yrm icey.yrm sand in your eyes.yrm yuri's outhouse.yrm

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, taufupork said:

can anyone help? i was playing the survival maps and keep getting this error

image.png.4d16f64c831debfc844df8f86021328c.png

You'll need more information:

Did you get the map from this topic, or somewhere else? (provide the link) If you can't find the link, please attach the map files here so that people can test them out.

When does this error occur? - Is there something happening during the game that could possibly be triggering it (too many units on the screen?). Does the map even load up?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 4:15 AM, The1stDecade said:

Where should i put the campaign maps? In the maps/custom? Will they have all the cutscenes and other stuff? How would i be able to access them if they are able to work?

all01t.map / sov01t.map - copy into your RA2 folder (not maps/custom, just the root folder) along with any other file that came with it, load up the game using the original executable file and start the allied /soviet campaign, depending on the map. These files will not work in CnCNet.

all01umd / sov01umd - same as above except in YR.

To play the original RA2/YR campaigns again, simply remove the files you copied.

Any other file name can usually be played using CnCNet in skirmish mode, which are usually accompanied with special instructions regarding which faction, country or settings to use.

• 1 month later...

please i am searching for a map i see allot of youtube videos about it , i dont know that name but it is 8 player free for all all walls , nothing but walls in the game around all 8 starting positions. 

can any one help me please ? 

look at the screenshot i took it from one of the players i follow on youtube 290824401_fortopic.thumb.png.3d0eec25402190349347cb99a7e83402.png

• 1 year later...

so how do i get these map packages working?

I finally was able to replace the hdd on this machine and can play this again. I installed 'the first decade' on C:\Games as well as cncnet. I tried dl'ing one of the 1137 map packages and placing them in C:\Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2\Maps\Custom  but i dont rly see anything new when i go in. I do see 16 maps in 'standard' that might be new, i dont recall. But they have no map preview so i cant see what they are. I did notice that some of the files are map, mpr, yrm and 13 are yro.  Not sure if that matters.

Just like to get these working and see some new/fun maps.