Dune 2K Issues

Igotapresentforyou

Question

First issue: When changing graphics settings, I get the message "Access to the path '..\Gruntmods Studios\Dune 2000\dune200.ini' is denied.".

Second issue: When attempting to start a game, I get the message " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000022). Click OK to close the application.

Any help with this would be appreciated, thank you.

3 answers to this question

The Access denied error is probably caused by a security program on your pc, you need to add an exception for Dune2000Config.exe.

The other error is most likely caused by missing directplay components, windows normally asks you if you like to install it. Either you clicked on no or something prevents windows from downloading the files. (dplayx.dll)

Well for some reason AVG can't find the exe to add as an exception. When I browse my way to the folder it's contained in, the .exe file doesn't show, so how do I get around that?

As for the dplayx.dll file, where is that contained? I reinstalled it again just now and didn't get any message asking me to install that, just the message asking if I want to install all components including videos, to which I clicked yes.

Edited by Igotapresentforyou

Not sure how you do it with AVG, may need to ask in their forums.

The installation prompt shows when you click on a button in the launcher to start the game, it looks like this:

http://www.4gamez.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/DirectPlay-Installation.png

It's a windows feature, reinstalling the game doesn't solve it cause the game installer can't take care of it. 

I found this video here randomly, maybe it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYyGB-Tn3g&feature=youtu.be