Unable to play online - The system cannot find the file specified

ben127

Question

Hi, 

I play dawn of the tiberium age online. It's always worked fine but when i click the play online button i get the error message - the system cannot find the file specified. The icon then disappears from my desktop. 

I'm not sure what has caused this issue or how to rectify it? Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks!!!

6 answers to this question

In order to provide more detail. I think something happened with a virus programme. I re downloaded the tiberium dawn package from the website but it seems not to contain the launcher.exe. file. 

In order to get around this I had a friend download the same file and then transfer all files to my laptop. I now have the launcher.exe file and a few others that the virus scanner on my laptop must have removed. 

But despite having all the files on my desktop I still get the same message when i click on the plan online icon. Now i'm definitely stuck for ideas!

Thank you FunkyFr3sh. It's a work laptop and it has a programme called Sentinel One which runs in the background that sees the launcher.exe as malware. I'm trying to change the firewall settings but think i've reached the limit of my abilities. 

Might be fighting a losing battle against this one. Gutted!!

I'm not sure if you tagged this right, are you sure you're talking about "Dawn of the Tiberium Age" (aka DTA, the Tiberian Sun mod), or are you talking about "Tiberian Dawn" (aka C&C1, the first command and conquer game)?

I don't know what the filename is for "Dawn of the Tiberium Age", @Bittah Commander or @Rampastring can answer this.

For Tiberian Dawn the filename is cncnet5.exe

Thank you! It's the cncnet5.exe that the virus software doesn't like. Unfortunately as this software is running in the background there isn't anything I can do to the settings.

It's handy to know what the problem is so thanks a lot for your time and helping work out where the problem is!