CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SinisterStig

Trying to play with 4 friends over multiplayer

Question

So I was playing with a couple other friends on Dune 2000 multiplayer last night with 3 of us total and we were having no lag issues peer-to-peer. Once I tried to have 4 of us total we started to lag bad making it impossible to play. We even tried to have different people host and it still lagged terribly. We all have very fast internet as well. Is there a limit to how many people I can play with on dune 2000 multiplayer before it lags? Or is there a fix so we have 4 or more players in one game without lag? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

There is no limit, I guess the 4th player probably just had a unstable connection. Did you get a warning prior game start about him having a unstable connection?

Lag can also be caused by bad settings, he could try to enable "GDI Mode" in the config program and see if that helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nyerguds
      Current version: 1.10.6 (2017/09/27 10:15)

The project is built on the .Net framework v3.5
      Its code is licensed under the WTFPL.
      Download:
      Downloads folder
      Full readme
      Source code: (C#)
      Sources folder

Full list of supported types / games:

WWFont v1:
      Wargame Construction Set A Nightmare On Elm Street DragonStrike Circuit's Edge WWFont v2: (Note: the save routine for this type is currently set to optimise the size by removing duplicate image data, but I'm not sure if the games support this)
      BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge Eye of the Beholder Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon WWFont v3:
      The Legend of Kyrandia Dune II Lands of Lore The Throne of Chaos The Legend of Kyrandia Hand of Fate The Legend of Kyrandia Malcolm's Revenge The Legend of Kyrandia Malcolm's Revenge Installer Command & Conquer Command & Conquer Installer Command & Conquer Red Alert Command & Conquer Red Alert Installer Lands of Lore Guardians of Destiny Lands of Lore Guardians of Destiny Installer Command & Conquer Sole Survivor Lands of Lore III WWFont v4:
      Tiberian Sun Tiberian Sun Installer Tiberian Sun Firestorm Tiberian Sun Firestorm Installer Lands of Lore III Installer IGFont (Dune 2000 was made by Intelligent Games, not by Westwood)
      Dune 2000  
      Original first post:
      As I sort of mentioned a while back, I got tired of the lack of font editor for C&C1, and even more tired of Siberian_GRemlin sitting on his (working) version for about 10 years now.
      So I've decided to make my own in c#. With the help of the RA++ team (Omniblade, CCHyper & Tomsons26, anyway) I figured out the font format itself, and managed to make code to read it and show it as image. Apparently this format is used for quite a bit more than C&C1 and RA1; we used fonts from Legend of Kyrandia as test material as well, and apparently this should support Dune II too.
      Fonts have no colour palette of their own. They are 4-bit (meaning, 16 colour) images that, much like SHP files, receive colours from the game at the moment they're drawn. So I started off by generating a simple black-to-white fade for the palette, with black as the background color. This version also already moved the character down according to the extra Y-offset in the file.

Next step: making an actual editor. I already had a zooming pixel image viewer from a little C&C-N64 project I worked on in the past few weeks, so that part was no problem (as already seen in the previous image). So the next step: drawing an editing grid on it. Well, I say "on it", but actually I needed three extra image layers positioned both behind and in front of the original image to pull it off, lol. Transparency is a strange thing in .Net controls.

Next was getting a pixel drawn on that to indicate your editing position. That was easier than expected, really, and now I had a nifty giant pixel following my mouse around. Also note the fancy program icon; Tomsons26 made that

I decided, around this time, to switch to a more colourful palette that would let you easily distinguish the different indices when editing. I just basically went over all hue values and made a nice little rainbow. I also coded in some extra behaviour to allow disabling the grid, and the red frame that shows you which part of it is actually editable.

Of course, an editor is utterly useless if it can't actually save files, a little detail Siberian_GRemlin seemed to forget when he released a "demo" of his editor... eight years ago now. So after editing worked, I went into the mess of trying to save the image data back to palette.
      It took a few tries to get it right.
      But, finally, I managed to get a saved file!

No, wait, crap, that's one of the failed ones. Ahem. Anyway. The pic I linked before shows the final successful attempt. There's a little pixel I made transparent, in the middle, to prove it was actually edited. Trust me, it was orange originally
      Now, there's just one thing still missing from the editor... and that's, well, the actual editing, more or less. I could only change the colour to one specific one with the left mouse button, and to background (transparency) with the right mouse button. So I dug up another nice control I had lying around for one of my older projects, namely a palette-loading colour selector. Took some time to adapt it, since the original was meant for 256 colours, but, I'm happy with the final result!

It's starting to look good, no?
      At this moment, it's still missing some vital features, though; you can't change the size of the images or their Y-offset, and you can't add new character images to a font. These will come later, but at this moment, I do actually have a working editor.
      It's obviously still beta at the moment, but to anyone who wants to mess around with it, here it is:
      Westwood Font Editor v0.4
      The source code is in the folder too, for those who are interested.
    • By berkaniharoune
      After a lot of work finaly dune 2000 portuguese finished! translated text and recorded all sounds in game now its completely portuguese version
      thanks to dune2000 online players team all who recorded voices (im one of them  ) also thanks duarte for translate and dato for realize it.

download game here: http://dunemaster.webs.com/files
      i want say thanks to our team and most of the dune2000 online players.
      the probelm was that everyone has different microphone and different quality but i try make it sounds good as possible and everyone trys acting good and make its funny and varied 
      when you being install dune2000 online multilanguage pack version choose portuguese language or also you can change language after instalation choose an language
      Sound Editions: dato
      Text Translation: Duarte
      Fixings: dato
      Posting: berkani
      Files Renaming: Duarte 
      HOUSE ARTREIDES 
      Narrator: Claudia 
      infantries: Duarte 
      vehicles: Rabbit 
      engineer: dan 
      freman: babydriver
      HOUSE HARKONNEN 
      Narrator: Duarte 
      infantries : Doomer 
      vehicles: Doomer 
      engineer: Doomer 
      sardaukar: dato
      HOUSE ORDOS
      Narrator: Alexandre
      infantries : dan
      vehicles: dan
      engineer: berk
      saboteur: dato
    • By berkaniharoune
      hey guys i face to some problems in dune 2000 like bugs and freeze game when i play online and many players get this problem i solved this porblem after download dune2000 online version from this site: http://dunemaster.webs.com/files and its help other players too so i recomeded download dune2000 here incude cncnet and all files for play comfortable game online and its way better than gruntmod edition its looks like clasical cncnet instalers and works without problems
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Dune 2000 (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install libmono-system-core4.0-cil mono-runtime wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server.exe nohup mono cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 200 --port 50001 > cncnet-server.log &  

Server doesn't work? Get the latest mono version:
      http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-lin

Windows:
      On XP, Vista and 7 make sure .NET 4.0 is installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17113
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server-gui.exe

Note: Servers are chosen automatically by CnCNet and are only used in case 2 players fail to establish a Peer-To-Peer connection.

Yuris Revenge (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install default-jre wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe nohup java -jar cncnet-tunnel.exe -name "My cool server" -maxclients 200 -port 50000 -headless > cncnet-tunnel.log &  

Windows:
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe

Note:  To use a specific server you'll have to select it via the advanced settings while hosting a game room.

Linux autostart
      crontab -e @reboot nohup mono ~/cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 100 --port 50001 > ~/cncnet-server.log &  

The servers will not show up instantly on the website, it can take up to 30 minutes

• By Liet-Kynes
      Regardless of the house or mission I am playing the game freezes. This happens at random times throughout missions, sometimes just a few moments in, sometimes 10 minutes or so after the mission has started. When the game freezes the only way to exit the game is to press ctrl+alt+del and restart my computer as selecting task manager just leaves me with a black screen.