What pc to get for YR

Turky22

Question

Hello it's been a long time since Ive had a pc desktop and I was looking  for some advice on what pc to get to play YR . I know you don't need much to run YR but I was wanting a pc that not going to cost me s arm and a leg  , and at the same time not make   me to slow.   I have a question to ask can YR  run on a intergrated graphic card ? And I was looking at a pc on eBay and was wondering if this could do me ?                

IMG_0304.PNG

8 answers to this question

Hi @Turky22

First of all, do you really want a PC JUST to play YR/Ra2? If so, then yes -- you can get by with an extremely bare-bones computer and you definitely should. Some of the newer computers actually struggle to play YR/Ra2 for whatever reasons.

You basically want a basic windows computer (NOT windows 10 as windows 10 causes problems). I see no reason why the computer in your initial specs would not work for Ra2/YR however that is an extremely basic computer with only 4GB ram, 80 GB hard drive and basic graphics. I haven't played Ra2/YR on that type of computer so I'm not sure how much online lag you would have -- but it would work.

You sure you can't find a PC better for basically the same $$$$ you'd spend on that? There's got to be some pretttttty cheap PC's out there.

9 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

You basically want a basic windows computer (NOT windows 10 as windows 10 causes problems).

Windows 10 doesn't really cause that much more trouble than Windows 7 or 8.1 do. In most cases one of the renderers included with the CnCNet client fixes pretty much all of the compatibility issues, and when they don't, they at least make the game playable.

Any modern PC should run YR well, although the cheapest, lowest-end laptops and low-power desktops will probably not run it at smooth 60 FPS in large-scale online battles. If you want to go for maximum performance, then get a CPU with high single-thread performance (basically any highly-clocked modern Intel CPU, or AMD Ryzen).

Btw @Turky22 your screenshot doesn't really tell much about the PC itself. It doesn't tell any specifics about the hardware, most importantly what processor it has.

14 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

You can buy a computer that was believed to be a piece of shit in 2000 and still play it.

While you could play, it was pretty hard to run the game at smooth 60 FPS even on a high-end 2000 PC though :P At least I found myself often suffering from about 15 FPS when playing against 7 AIs even with high-end hardware of 2001.

Edited by Rampastring
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Some of the newer computers actually struggle to play YR/Ra2 for whatever reasons.

Those reasons are due to the OS and people not bothering to troubleshoot.

13 hours ago, Rampastring said:

While you could play, it was pretty hard to run the game at smooth 60 FPS even on a high-end 2000 PC though :P At least I found myself often suffering from about 15 FPS when playing against 7 AIs even with high-end hardware of 2001.

I never played with as many AIs, but back in the day, it'd only lag with nukes and custom-scripted maps had extended loading times (on the plus side, I knew how Jank sounded in entirety before it was widely accessible on YouTube...)

Thank you all for your replies so could anyone recommend what pc I should get that is not going to make me lag ? I would hate to play the game with lag  ? I am not looking to get a top spec pc unless I need to so if anyone could tell me how much ram etc I should have I would appreciate that. thank you 

Hey Chris, Honestly you don't need much for yuris man, that one will do just fine.

You could even get away with something less than that and be able to play without lag. 

You should check out craigslist or ebay for a cheap 2nd hand one as well, you might find one there that's pretty good for next to nothing really.

Really hope to see you around in the future man, can't wait to play some games with ya 

On 25.10.2017 at 11:23 AM, Turky22 said:

what pc I should get that is not going to make me lag ?

Rampastring told you the main thing, but he told too much and it's hard to understand for most people.

The main thing is CPU:

On 24.10.2017 at 4:15 AM, Rampastring said:

get a CPU with high single-thread performance

Graphics card doesn't make lags in this game.