Do i need YR to play ra2 on cncnet?

Hunk

Question

10 answers to this question

23 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

If you can figure out how to get the cncnet launcher to work with Exagear, let us know please. I've been trying to get it to work on my Samsung S9, with no luck ?. Single player works fine though (besides keyboard problems).

Keyboard problems yea, even worse on Alcatel. I can barely move a tank and remove shroud.

12 hours ago, Hunk said:

Keyboard problems yea, even worse on Alcatel. I can barely move a tank and remove shroud.

For me it's just the hotkeys really that I've gotten so used to over the years, I have no problem with moving units or placing down buildings or pretty much anything else related to playing the game itself. But my main keyboard problem is that my phone doesn't have an ESC key, which means whenever I accidentally press the info button (TAB) while scrolling around with the radar, I can't get back into the game! I also can't skip cinematics when playing campaign mode.

I think the main reason why the cncnet launcher won't even open up is because it opens up on the desktop and is not the actual game. But I'll still keep trying, maybe open it in full screen or try different renderers. I can't connect to xwis either because (and I'm just guessing here) the game needs WOLAPI (internet components) info from the Windows Registry, which Exagear doesn't have.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

You guys tried TD/RA/TS via cncnet already? Just wondering if it works..

I tried RA just now but no luck, the first menu (Play Online / Skirmish / Settings...) doesn't even open. 'RA-95Spawn.exe' works though, but only single player, and I did try different graphics settings.

I don't think Exagear can open windows or dialogue boxes or anything from WindowsAPI (or wherever Windows stuff comes from), it's only designed to open the game itself - that's my guess anyway, I'm usually wrong.

4 hours ago, Hunk said:

Also, when I quit RA2... and then start exagear again later, I have to fully reinstall the game again. How weird.

I think you did something wrong because I never have that problem.

16 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

I tried RA just now but no luck, the first menu (Play Online / Skirmish / Settings...) doesn't even open. 'RA-95Spawn.exe' works though, but only single player, and I did try different graphics settings.

I don't think Exagear can open windows or dialogue boxes or anything from WindowsAPI (or wherever Windows stuff comes from), it's only designed to open the game itself - that's my guess anyway, I'm usually wrong.

I think you did something wrong because I never have that problem.

You will need .NET 2.0, otherwise it doesn't work. 

Did you actually install the game on a PC and then just copy the game folder over? That wouldn't work... You need to try to copy the installer over and then run it (I don't even know if that's possible, I never tried exagear).

The installer will download .NET 2.0 automatically for you. If it's not possible to run the installer then you gotta google a bit and find out how to install .NET 2.0 manually maybe.

Will be a lot harder for YR, but I guess if you get RA working then you might get YR working too.

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Did you actually install the game on a PC and then just copy the game folder over? That wouldn't work... You need to try to copy the installer over and then run it (I don't even know if that's possible, I never tried exagear).

The installer will download .NET 2.0 automatically for you. If it's not possible to run the installer then you gotta google a bit and find out how to install .NET 2.0 manually maybe.

Will be a lot harder for YR, but I guess if you get RA working then you might get YR working too.

I just copy/pasted the already installed files. I'll try that^ when I get a chance.