Jump to content

Yuri's Revenge Ladder Map Pool November Update


[CC] RaVaGe
 Share

Recommended Posts

Replaced [Pro] Dry Heat with Dry Heat LE

  • Fixed top left ore refinery placement at gems from oils.
  • Added build routes to middle from all spots.

2025785952_4DryHeatLE.thumb.jpg.b8f50dc275ce9bf74bfa1dff82736185.jpg

 

 

Replaced [Pro] Sahara Mirage with Sahara Mirage LE

  • Removed middle gems to make the map more fair against the Yuri faction.
  • Removed fences around middle tech buildings.
  • Replaced Tech Machine Shop with Tech Aiport.
  • Moved top and bottom middle oils closer to the large ore expansions to make the map less mid centric while giving Allied players better odds.

286842862_2SaharaMirageLE.thumb.jpg.b47b0b60971fcb604202eeb36014643f.jpg

 

 

Replaced Heck Freezes Over with Heck Freezes Over LE

  • Rebalanced middle gems.
  • Added build obstructions in the form of terrain deformations to middle, to prevent rushes straight to middle.
  • Opened up few new build routes for more BO options in multiple spots.
  • Removed minor annoyances around the map.
  • Upgraded map detailing.

1452633663_4HeckFreezesOverLE.thumb.jpg.62bbe4d62d19da5f9ec97fca5984635e.jpg

 


Added Dusk Ravine LE

1357482245_4DuskRavineLE.thumb.jpg.5ddff380213645df5879803e12f71825.jpg

 

 

Added All The Fury LE

  • A competitive 1v1 conversion of the popular 3v3 map.
  • Compartmentalised the navy to stop Boomer rushes by Yuri players.
    Navy can still be used but fits into a late-game role as originally intended.

402992429_2AllTheFuryLE.thumb.jpg.bdccf935aea9e2b8468c6a197ec454a1.jpg

 

All maps are available for S vs Y vs A.
LE stands for Ladder Edition, this naming scheme will replace all [pro] maps in the future.

 

Removed the following maps from the pool.

  • Blood Feud II
  • Meat grinder
  • The Path More Travelled by
  • Face Down
  • Paris Revisited
  • Sovereign Land
  • Hidden Valley
  • Official Tournament Map A

 

Credits:

@ChallengerX_Pro - Dusk Ravine (original version)
BlackSnow - All The Fury (original version)
@FlyingMustache - Map Tester
@heldro - Map Tester
@Blazer - Map Tester
@dkeeton - Update development
@Grant - Update release

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated "All The Fury LE".

  • Compartmentalised the navy to stop Boomer rushes by Yuri players.
  • Navy can still be used but fits into a late-game role as originally intended.

Changes to go live when admins update.

Sorry guys, I feel your pain.

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Updated "All The Fury LE".

  • Compartmentalised the navy to stop Boomer rushes by Yuri players.
  • Navy can still be used but fits into a late-game role as originally intended.

Changes to go live when admins update.

Sorry guys, I feel your pain.

I like what you did there -- cutting off the navy element from the early game and allowing it in the later game. That's perfect to combat boomer rushes. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I like what you did there -- cutting off the navy element from the early game and allowing it in the later game. That's perfect to combat boomer rushes. 

I released the map under impressions that navy was disabled on it, there were too long gaps between working on the maps and release.

Instead of disabling navy and leaving all of those water areas useless, teasing any bright strategic minds of their potential I decided to just block the travel routes of any naval units and make it accessible from late game expansions.

Edited by RaVaGe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

I released the map under impressions that navy was disabled on it, there were too long gaps between working on the maps and release.

Instead of disabling navy and leaving all of those water areas useless, teasing any bright strategic minds of their potential I decided to just block the travel routes of any naval units and make it accessible from late game expansions.

yup -- Yuri's naval is actually quite a detriment to them in late games. That was originally why I had Hammer and sickle in the QM map pool for AvY in YR XWIS.. I figured that the boomer rush on Hammer was pretty hard to pull off, so it would allow the allied team to build up a navy late game allowing them to take out yuri that way. 

Seems like the same situation here -- especially because the boomers have to go through very tiny pinch points allowing the defensive team to set up any squids/subs/dolphins at the pinch points to intercept them. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Seems like the same situation here -- especially because the boomers have to go through very tiny pinch points allowing the defensive team to set up any squids/subs/dolphins at the pinch points to intercept them. 

Actually I made those points impassable entirely! Which is what I meant under 'compartmentalised', the large water areas, including the middle are split into 5.
TL and BR water zones each cover bombardment access to the main base and the last expansion areas.Assuming players expand vertically and not horizontally.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...