Question: YR Quick Match Map Pool

dkeeton

18 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Sodsw, the problem I have with using the latest YR XWIS QM map listings is the following:

a) There's too many
b) It doesn't take into account the plentiful new map additions from Ra2 XWIS like Reconcile, etc.

On a personal level, I love loading up quick match with maps, but from my experience, the players want a more limited map pool, which would be especially helpful for the vast majority of CNCNet players who are not pro's (i.e. it'd be easier for them to learn 15-25 maps instead of the 60+ maps presented there.

If they do decide to go a limited map pool with 15-20 maps, the best idea would be to alternate some maps in and out every ladder month to keep it fresh, whilst keeping in some reliable classic maps.

That map pool was a last ditch attempt to throw some life into a pretty much dead ladder. i would suggest reverting to an earlier pool and making some addition's/changes.

This is probably a good topic to look at.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/55636-yr-qm-renovation-proposal/

I agree with Prep completely. Start with 20 maps or so, this way players will learn and this is key to making and maintaining a competitive ladder.

I would suggest a a seperate topic where players can submit proposals and then after discussions can be voted upon.

13 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

I'm sure it'll all become clearer when it's launched. Here are my scenarios:

(the following settings are for all my preferred scenarios, unless otherwise specified)

-----------

Short Game = ON
MCV Repacks = ON
Destroyable Bridges = ON
Superweapons = ON (but preferably RANDOM if possible)
No Spawn Previews = ON
Game Speed = MAX
Credits = 10,000
Starting Units = 0

----------

Scenario 01: Reconcile
Scenario 02: Official Tournament Map B, Superweapons=OFF (for a bit of variety in scenarios, but preferably random if possible)
Scenario 03: Pirate Bay
Scenario 04: Cold War, Superweapons = OFF (but random if possible)
Scenario 05: Caverns of Siberia
Scenario 06: Depth Charge
Scenario 07: Dry Heat, Spawn Locations 2,4
Scenario 08: Yin Yang, Spawns 1,3
Scenario 09: Sedona Pass - any spawn locations
Scenario 10: Tour of Egypt - Spawns 1,6
Scenario 11: Heck Freezes Over - Spawns 2,3, Supers = OFF (but random if possible)
Scenario 12: A Path Beyond - Spawns 7,8

I initially wanted multi-engi=ON, but then a lot of people might not want to play, particularly the Chinese :P

Short Game = ON
MCV Repacks = ON
Destroyable Bridges = ON
Superweapons = ON (but preferably RANDOM if possible)
No Spawn Previews = ON
Game Speed = MAX
Credits = 10,000
Starting Units = 0

These should be the exact setting's apart from the Superweapons which have to be dealt with by scenario. SvY for example must always have supers on, i dont know if it can be incorporated or not but having supers always on on certain maps would be nice to prevent long campfest games. ( Death Valley Girl in SvS springs to mind.)

Also Sedonna pass is a terrible map to 1v1 on, especially for inexperienced players.

Your map list looks more like ra2 than yr. :P

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dkeeton said:

This type of logic won't be possible initially. - This will be a huge problem.

We can include 3 player maps and 4 player maps in the 1v1 pool too, if needed. - They will be, also 6 and 8 player maps.

It seems to me that Yuri is generally not allowed to be chosen in most game rooms, but you can choose random and get it. Shouldn't we follow the same logic in the quick match system?

No, Yuri is part of the game it would be ridiculous to limit a faction's use in a ladder. Cutting part of the game out because some players dont like it is a bad idea, the ladder is there for players to learn and improve. They wont do that by bailing.

Edited by ZiGZaG

Yeah I referenced your xwis post to show him an idea of what we were doing with maps and how what faction a player chose had a lot to do with what maps could be generated etc. I preferably would like to see the newer maps and maps that are popular which could be pulled from game logs etc. But if there is anything I can help with to make it easier for y'all programming, just let me know. 

1. Unit count = Always 0

2. Sw= Random

3.Crates= Always Off

4.Imo one should not be able to veto a map in QM because if he can veto a map then whats the point of qm they can just play in custom games with their desired settings ,

Edited by ZAIN
  • Upvote 1

@dkeeton Sooo... do you want us to list all possible combinations of maps, superweapons and factions into scenario format? And how many scenarios can your database handle, is there a limit? I've changed my scenarios list btw; instead of Sedona it's now The Path More Travelled By.

19 hours ago, ZAIN said:

4.Imo one should not be able to veto a map in QM because if he can veto a map then whats the point of qm they can just play in custom games with their desired settings ,

I think if BOTH players vetoed a map/scenario then it should be ok to exclude it.

There should not be a veto option, it should have set game settings that are a constant. Then a map pool, and from that map pool based on what factions are being used will determine the super weapons being random or indefinite. 

QM is meant to test people.... 

Edited by SodswSov
  • Like 2

On 11/09/2017 at 12:31 AM, fir3w0rx said:

Hurry up and post your map/scenario lists then guys, otherwise we're all gonna be playing on only my maps!

As i stated id have the following setting's 

Short Game = ON
MCV Repacks = ON
Destroyable Bridges = ON
Superweapons = Dependent on Factions
Spawn Previews = (you should see your enemys location on loading screen.)
Game Speed = MAX
Credits = 10,000
Starting Units = 0

Crates = OFF

Id start with something like this.

All Matchups.

Country Swing 
Offense defense 
Golden state fwy 
Montana DMZ 
Hidden Valley 
Dustbowl 
Dry heat 
Heartland 
Dune Patrol

Blood Feud

SvA, MIRROR (SvS,AvA,YvY)

Deadmans Ridge
Heck freezes Over
Tsunami

Alaskan Oil Spill
New Height's
Official Tournament Map B
Pirate Bay
Divide and Conquer
Tour of Egypt
Jungle of Vietnam
Face Down
Roundhouse Kick
Snow Valley
Paris Revisited

Depth Charge

That's 25 Map's Giving 10 maps of Allies/Sov vs Yuri, and 15 maps of mirror/SvA.  

I personally do not Support a veto function, i think its an overall bad idea.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Like 2

Blood Feud
Hidden Valley
Reconcile
Dry Heat - Top vs Bottom
Divide and Conquer - Top Left vs Bottom Right
Heartland - Bottom left vs Top Right
Jungles of Vietnam - Top Left vs Bottom Right
Lake Blitzen - Top Left v Bottom Right
Offense Defense - Far Left vs Far Right
Snow Valley - Bottom right vs Top Left
Tsunami - Top Left vs Top Right
Bay of Pigs - 3 vs 6
Tour of Egypt - Bottom Right vs Top Left
Heck Freezes Over - Bottom Left v Top Right

On 9/13/2017 at 3:14 AM, SodswSov said:

There should not be a veto option, it should have set game settings that are a constant. Then a map pool, and from that map pool based on what factions are being used will determine the super weapons being random or indefinite. 

QM is meant to test people.... 

Exactly my point , 

I don't wanna see a veto option in QM , 

And spawn preview OFF will be good, as we all are trained that way in xwis :P 

On 18/09/2017 at 4:16 PM, ZAIN said:

Exactly my point , 

I don't wanna see a veto option in QM , 

And spawn preview OFF will be good, as we all are trained that way in xwis :P 

Actually No we arent. Yuri's revenge always had spawn previews even on xwis.

15 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Actually No we arent. Yuri's revenge always had spawn previews even on xwis.

Didn't played yuris revenge on xwis because when i started it was all dead ,  but it's fine if spawn preview is on too so no worries :)