Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in Yuri's Revenge qm?

ZiGZaG

Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?

44 minutes ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

IDC if it's anonymous but there are too many maps with oils in = distance from each others base which will always result in one person having a big disadvantage from start. I don't see how that adds anything to gameplay. Unless there is someone that enjoys dog vs dog? Also don't get why so many Yuri maps need so many oils. Eco is already super easy on this game

Told you post in the map's topic regarding map's if u can make suggestions i can implement them for next month. 

Currently Qm is roughly balanced between ra2 maps, YR maps, and then there's more map's that appear in both games. This was me trying to please both RA2 and YR players.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

IDC if it's anonymous but there are too many maps with oils in = distance from each others base which will always result in one person having a big disadvantage from start. I don't see how that adds anything to gameplay. Unless there is someone that enjoys dog vs dog? Also don't get why so many Yuri maps need so many oils. Eco is already super easy on this game

I should probably talk about this in the correct topic... but to answer your question, there is a player base that really wants 'more creative' style maps that involve oil derricks. This has kind of been debated in the map topic thread. If you are strongly opinionated about this, I suggest finding 5 maps that you really disagree with and posing 5 replacements for them and see how the community reacts. 

54 minutes ago, heldro said:

xme-vandaag om 01:44

maybe we can have a check box so that if both players agree to disable engi-eat then it can be off for that game

Potential problem of that would be how do we inform the players whether engi-eat is on/off then? I think it's pretty important information to know about your match up whether engi-eat is on/off. 

12 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Potential problem of that would be how do we inform the players whether engi-eat is on/off then? I think it's pretty important information to know about your match up whether engi-eat is on/off. 

Id assume you would get the choice once you match someone and it would tell you before you start.  I like the idea of giving players the choice per game, but i think by the time you get this choice you need to know what faction your playing against, (specifically in the case of Yuri) otherwise its a waste of time. If i dont know what faction im playing against ill choose eat on every game. Not because i intend to engi eat everyone, but im not playing against a Yuri and allowing one of their biggest weakness's a free pass.

There's also the fact that while dogs cant eat engineer's its useful in everyone getting there tech's, however what happens when u spot a walking engi at the last minute and only a dog is close enough to stop it? or a sell mcv rush with an engi included and u have dogs as fodder (im thinking blood feud) the engi is then far more likelly to be succsesful. Also take a map like roundhouse kick whats to stop me saying ill take Left oil and then just taking both? Dogs wont be able to stop me.

I like the idea but i think its flawed, imo it creates as many problems as it solves and i dont see it working properly.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

ye thats important indeed, but i imagine it should not be so hard to display if engi eat is on or off together with the map preview?

3 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Id assume you would get the choice once you match someone and it would tell you before you start.  I like the idea of giving players the choice per game, but i think by the time you get this choice you need to know what faction your playing against, (specifically in the case of Yuri) otherwise its a waste of time. If i dont know what faction im playing against ill choose eat on every game. Not because i intend to engi eat everyone, but im not playing against a Yuri and allowing one of their biggest weakness's a free pass.

There's also the fact that while dogs cant eat engineer's its useful in everyone getting there tech's, however what happens when u spot a walking engi at the last minute and only a dog is close enough to stop it? or a sell mcv rush with an engi included and u have dogs as fodder (im thinking blood feud) the engi is then far more likelly to be succsesful. Also take a map like roundhouse kick whats to stop me saying ill take Left oil and then just taking both? Dogs wont be able to stop me.

I like the idea but i think its flawed, imo it creates as many problems as it solves and i dont see it working properly.

you might be right about yuri taking away a big weakness of him, and either way yuri players would enable no eat since they dont have dogs anyway. so maybe it would be an idea to just disable this option to the yuri faction?

about dog not being able anymore to eat an engi trying to reach for your building. that might be true but be honest, how many times does a dog actually save one of your buildings from being taken by an engineer. it virtually never happens, everything can counter a engineer. and for the 1 in a 1000 games this might occur there are a 1000 games where there was no eat involved ,sounds pretty good too me. 

you can even have an option to enable multi engineer if you ask me. the great thing about this is that it doesnt impose anything to anyone. if you think its a bad idea or you like to engi eat/engi you simply dont enable the option. but if you both agree not to eat/engi you can agree without being affraid u will get screwed over. i dont see how u could vote against this idea since it would simply mean you dont agree how 2 other players choose to play against eachother lol. you could even add a option to have 100k starting credits. i wont enable it so it wouldent bother me.

16 hours ago, Legolas said:

if multi engi and no dog engi kills would be on this can be solved to very high degree imo. not many people would like to engi anymore.

But then you're going to cry about my Ivans, seals, Tanyas, spies, legionnaires, ohh and when I really bring out the lame grand slam, you're going to ask that they remove Chrono miners from the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2018 at 2:07 AM, FReQuEnZy said:

But then you're going to cry about my Ivans, seals, Tanyas, spies, legionnaires, ohh and when I really bring out the lame grand slam, you're going to ask that they remove Chrono miners from the game.

basically that's why i don't want to play you. you lack skill and want to use ivan slea etc every game so that you could fill your skill gaps with them. i can use them too, but i don't. do you know why? because this game is already 20 years old and its one of the most simple strategy games ever created.that suggests that i don't need shit like seal ivan engi etc to win a game while the game without would take 10 minutes maximum. 

you can use them for as long as you want but i won't play a game until i feel its fun to do.

wouldn't like to see each game ending in less than 4 mins while the only unit i need to use is a seal.

33 minutes ago, Legolas said:

basically that's why i don't want to play you. you lack skill and want to use ivan slea etc every game so that you could fill your skill gaps with them. i can use them too, but i don't. do you know why? because this game is already 20 years old and its one of the most simple strategy games ever created.that suggests that i don't need shit like seal ivan engi etc to win a game while the game without would take 10 minutes maximum. 

you can use them for as long as you want but i won't play a game until i feel its fun to do.

wouldn't like to see each game ending in less than 4 mins while the only unit i need to use is a seal.

I was reading once some tactics for RA2 and YR, here's something fun to try, get a Tesla Coil ready and have a Tesla Reactor ready too (unless you plan to capture one or smth), get a Flak Track with 2 Tesla Troopers and 1 Engineer and charge the Tesla Coil you placed next to the captured building lol

5 hours ago, Legolas said:

because this game is already 20 years old and its one of the most simple strategy games ever created.that suggests that i don't need shit like seal ivan engi etc to win a game while the game without would take 10 minutes maximum

So waiting for tanks to build up, trying to pick off miners, watching for splits, waiting for opponent to make a mistake, trying to lure tanks into deso, picking stuff off with planes...etc

Is all so skillful while most of what I mentioned is not?

Yeah I can play like everyone else, but I've gotten bored of that, most games against evenly skilled players, you just fucking wait for sw or lab units. 

It's so fucking boring when people want a dune patrol style sov v sov tank fest.

The gratification of blowing someone's base up straight from the get go is too great to resist.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Legolas said:

At this point, it's personal opinion on what is fun and what is not (i.e. I don't have fun facing yuri anymore so I just leave vs yuri games usually, while you don't see this as fun so you don't play in these style of games), but this seems super salty man. 

Ivan is rarely used by anyone... I applaud those who successfully get an Ivan attack on me to work to their benefit.
A seal attack is more deadly, but still takes much more $$$ than an engi rush and takes an AFC to be built... if you can't stop a seal rush, that's usually on you... 

And as Frequenzy stated, the argument can turn around on you.... is it not boring seeing the traditional dune patrol sov vs sov game? Or the constant same strategy in QM of wait until you get IC then attack? 

Seems like theres two playstyles here that are apples and oranges and neither should be frowned upon.

Now, I'd get it if you were talking about super lamers, like for example my double engi ifv super rush with rockies and grizz in the first 2-3 minutes of a game... that's pretty lame and borderline impossible to stop in some situations... same with an engi walk on some maps... but seals/ivans should not be considered unplayable/lame. Just a different playstyle. 

• Like 1

Hmm :/ 

if you want to know who you playing at QM tell him you have a black screen he may reply and you know who you are playing :P 

but the idea of being able to see your opponents nicknames in pressing lTab is great ! 

37 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

At this point, it's personal opinion on what is fun and what is not (i.e. I don't have fun facing yuri anymore so I just leave vs yuri games usually, while you don't see this as fun so you don't play in these style of games), but this seems super salty man. 

Ivan is rarely used by anyone... I applaud those who successfully get an Ivan attack on me to work to their benefit.
A seal attack is more deadly, but still takes much more $$$ than an engi rush and takes an AFC to be built... if you can't stop a seal rush, that's usually on you... 

And as Frequenzy stated, the argument can turn around on you.... is it not boring seeing the traditional dune patrol sov vs sov game? Or the constant same strategy in QM of wait until you get IC then attack? 

Seems like theres two playstyles here that are apples and oranges and neither should be frowned upon.

Now, I'd get it if you were talking about super lamers, like for example my double engi ifv super rush with rockies and grizz in the first 2-3 minutes of a game... that's pretty lame and borderline impossible to stop in some situations... same with an engi walk on some maps... but seals/ivans should not be considered unplayable/lame. Just a different playstyle. 

1 hour ago, FReQuEnZy said:

So waiting for tanks to build up, trying to pick off miners, watching for splits, waiting for opponent to make a mistake, trying to lure tanks into deso, picking stuff off with planes...etc

Is all so skillful while most of what I mentioned is not?

Yeah I can play like everyone else, but I've gotten bored of that, most games against evenly skilled players, you just fucking wait for sw or lab units. 

It's so fucking boring when people want a dune patrol style sov v sov tank fest.

The gratification of blowing someone's base up straight from the get go is too great to resist.

a question: is ra2 and YR just tank spamming and making sw if we put away seals and engis? 

if you think so, just quit the game today. 

33 minutes ago, Legolas said:

a question: is ra2 and YR just tank spamming and making sw if we put away seals and engis? 

Most of the time it is, if there's room for it, it's about rushing Drednaught/Kirov/Carrier.
If you think RA2/YR is not mostly about TC and multiwarfing then you should just quit the game today, as that's how the games have been mostly played for over a decade.

1 hour ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Most of the time it is, if there's room for it, it's about rushing Drednaught/Kirov/Carrier.
If you think RA2/YR is not mostly about TC and multiwarfing then you should just quit the game today, as that's how the games have been mostly played for over a decade.

ofc that's about tc and map control. that's why you don't always win the game if you have more tanks.

• Haha 1