Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in Yuri's Revenge qm?

ZiGZaG

Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?

not really alot of votes either, besides what about the check box system to disable engi eat? the reason ppl want to see names is simply because they think it will result in less lames. a problem which is even better tackled by the check box system.

17 minutes ago, heldro said:

not really alot of votes either, besides what about the check box system to disable engi eat? the reason ppl want to see names is simply because they think it will result in less lames. a problem which is even better tackled by the check box system.

it ran for a little over 2 weeks, people had plenty chance to vote and the vast majority of the active qm players know about the topic, not everyone voted for that exact reason albeit its probably one of the main reasons. The majority has spoken, its clear most people want to see the opponents nicknames in qm. You wouldn't be making excuses or saying things like that if this vote had went your way.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, heldro said:

Engi eat disabled without multi engineer on is quite dumb imo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lud0wig said:

Engi eat disabled without multi engineer on is quite dumb imo

On 24-3-2018 at 6:28 PM, heldro said:

about dog not being able anymore to eat an engi trying to reach for your building. that might be true but be honest, how many times does a dog actually save one of your buildings from being taken by an engineer. it virtually never happens, everything can counter a engineer. and for the 1 in a 1000 games this might occur there are a 1000 games where there was no eat involved ,sounds pretty good too me. 

you can even have an option to enable multi engineer if you ask me. the great thing about this is that it doesnt impose anything to anyone. if you think its a bad idea or you like to engi eat/engi you simply dont enable the option. but if you both agree not to eat/engi you can agree without being affraid u will get screwed over. i dont see how u could vote against this idea since it would simply mean you dont agree how 2 other players choose to play against eachother lol. you could even add a option to have 100k starting credits. i wont enable it so it wouldent bother me.

16 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

it ran for a little over 2 weeks, people had plenty chance to vote and the vast majority of the active qm players know about the topic, not everyone voted for that exact reason albeit its probably one of the main reasons. The majority has spoken, its clear most people want to see the opponents nicknames in qm. You wouldn't be making excuses or saying things like that if this vote had went your way.

true but i just feel like the check box is a much much better solution. dont see any downsides.

Can I just point out that polls are generally useless on this site. This is currently a 12 to 9 verdict which is hardly suggesting a solution to it. 

First, that's only a total of 21 data points out of the 100 or so that QM... next, it's only a difference of 3. 

Sigh this community!

2 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

it ran for a little over 2 weeks, people had plenty chance to vote and the vast majority of the active qm players know about the topic, not everyone voted for that exact reason albeit its probably one of the main reasons. 

If the majority of QM players knew of this thread then why didn't they vote?
Your sentence makes no fucking sense.
If they DO KNOW ABOUT IT, then they WOULD VOTE, not ignore.

38 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Can I just point out that polls are generally useless on this site. This is currently a 12 to 9 verdict which is hardly suggesting a solution to it. 

First, that's only a total of 21 data points out of the 100 or so that QM... next, it's only a difference of 3. 

Sigh this community!

I agree, Ziggy is trying to use some weird nonsense sentences to explain the lack of votes too.
Hard to build this community in any direction, if most complain on some Skype chat in private and only play if some miracle things go their way.

Looking at players like JokuJak, olaugh, mindwar...

Apologies if this has been said already, but what if there was an option in the client to show your name? For example, if you both (you and your opponent) have the option checked for, you get to see who you're playing. If either has the option disabled, you don't see any names.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

If the majority of QM players knew of this thread then why didn't they vote?
Your sentence makes no fucking sense.
If they DO KNOW ABOUT IT, then they WOULD VOTE, not ignore.

I agree, Ziggy is trying to use some weird nonsense sentences to explain the lack of votes too.
Hard to build this community in any direction, if most complain on some Skype chat in private and only play if some miracle things go their way.

Looking at players like JokuJak, olaugh, mindwar...

The majority posted or voted that are on the forum, what can we do about those that dont use the forum? Nothing, if they want a say they should come register, it was never put to a vote to remove the nicknames was it? Just dkeeton doing his own thing regardless of player's views, how is that fair? One person can just make decisions as he pleases with no consultation with the community? Fantastic

This gave those that wanted a say a chance to express it, did we have every player involved in how the point system worked? No. Yet i see none of you complaining about those that 'didnt know' about that. It was decided by a select few as most decisions will be, this gave a wider player base a chance to have a say than any of the other decision's taken regarding YR qm as it wasnt hidden away in a testers section.

Jokujak, olaugh, mindwar, sash and many others in qm knew about this topic, i went out my way to tell most people so we could get feedback, most didn't post because they dont want to register on the forum or cant be bothered. Their loss.

20 minutes ago, Grant said:

Apologies if this has been said already, but what if there was an option in the client to show your name? For example, if you both (you and your opponent) have the option checked for, you get to see who you're playing. If either has the option disabled, you don't see any names.

Explain to me why dkeeton makes a change then this is taken as default? The default state you could always see your opponents name, WOL, XWIS, even CNCNET to begin with. Why not both players disable it and then u dont see names? Leave the game as it originally was, if you want to make changes then get both players to agree, Be it names, engi eat, multi engi, 100k start whatever.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

Explain to me why dkeeton makes a change then this is taken as default? 

Ultimately, any decisions will come down to us anyway because we're the ones working on the ladder for you all.

We will have the larger and final say, that's just how it will work. That doesn't mean to say we're going to be complete control freaks about it all. If for example there's clearly an overwhelming dislike for something we've done, we'll discuss internally and see how to improve it.

I like to think we've been very good in listening to everyone's feedback thus far, (especially dkeeton), a prime example was the points feedback topic in the Testers forum.  That had countless iterations and his patience for that was amazing.

42 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

The default state you could always see your opponents name, WOL, XWIS, even CNCNET to begin with. Why not both players disable it and then u dont see names? Leave the game as it originally was, if you want to make changes then get both players to agree, Be it names, engi eat, multi engi, 100k start whatever.

To revert a change we've only had in the ladder for a little while seems premature to me at the moment. However, with that said, we'll look at some options internally to see if we can improve this so it works for both arguments in the topic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Grant said:

Ultimately, any decisions will come down to us anyway because we're the ones working on the ladder for you all.

We will have the larger and final say, that's just how it will work. That doesn't mean to say we're going to be complete control freaks about it all. If for example there's clearly an overwhelming dislike for something we've done, we'll discuss internally and see how to improve it.

I like to think we've been very good in listening to everyone's feedback thus far, (especially dkeeton), a prime example was the points feedback topic in the Testers forum.  That had countless iterations and his patience for that was amazing.

To revert a change we've only had in the ladder for a little while seems premature to me at the moment. However, with that said, we'll look at some options internally to see if we can improve this so it works for both arguments in the topic. 

Generally speaking i agree you have been good in gathering feedback, but in this instance you have made a change to the original game with absolutely no discussion or input from the community. I look foward to seeing how you can make this work for both arguements.

19 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

Your hard work is paid by ungratefulness of the likes of zigzag! Hope its enough to keep you guys interested in working on the ladder as well as you have so far.

I didnt say i wasn't grateful nerd. I happen to think they have done a great job for YR i just don't agree to making changes to the game without consulting the community, Grant has previously said himself they will support the original game ;) i think you'll find in the original game you could see your opponents nicknames.  Go troll elsewhere.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Nerd? Is that an actual insult in a video game forum ?

You just went on a rant about how dkeeton is a selfish tyrant and does whatever changes to the game as he pleases.

one thing doesn't go your way and you throw a childish temper tantrum and go on how you and the community has been betrayed by the ever so selfish admins...

2 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

Nerd? Is that an actual insult in a video game forum ?

You just went on a rant about how dkeeton is a selfish tyrant and does whatever changes to the game as he pleases.

one thing doesn't go your way and you throw a childish temper tantrum and go on how you and the community has been betrayed by the ever so selfish admins...

Its not an insult if the boot fits. Following me around the forum attempting to troll me just shows you for the immature little kid you are.

Where did i call him a selfish tyrant? Where did i call the admins selfish? Where did i say the community was betrayed? Your attempting to re-write my words. Stop talking trash.

• Upvote 1

following you around? there's literally 1 or 2 active topics you dumb fuck... Unfortunately you keep crying until you get your way in both of them.

Loosen the straps on your helmet and stop complaining about something as unimportant as seeing opponents nickname.

"Just dkeeton doing his own thing regardless of player's views, how is that fair? One person can just make decisions as he pleases with no consultation with the community? Fantastic" 

Yikes. I'ts not fair ;-(

Explain to me why dkeeton makes a change then this is taken as default?

Why not both players disable it and then u dont see names? 

Because there was discussion regarding bailing and major issues with the ladder, dkeeton made the most logical choice and implemented it.
If both players need to enable the setting for hiding names then the option becomes useless entirely, as it's supposed to deter players from bailing certain players or factions.

While the suggestion of showing player names only in-game tab menu is reasonable, in all probability it's going to result in players disconnecting immediately after checking tab.
Once they realise they are against someone they don't like.

1 hour ago, ZiGZaG said:

in this instance you have made a change to the original game with absolutely no discussion or input from the community.

Refer to the above reply (quote), there was discussion regarding major QM issues.
This just wasn't mentioned as a specific and accepted solution.

29 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

He has a habit of doing that, though I'm impressed that he's kept up some maturity recently.

1 minute ago, FReQuEnZy said:

While the suggestion of showing player names only in-game tab menu is reasonable, in all probability it's going to result in players disconnecting immediately after checking tab.
Once they realise they are against someone they don't like.

If they do so they lose points, also its been like this for years on xwis and wol why would people start disconnecting now? Didnt happen before, dont see it happening now.

6 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

He has a habit of doing that, though I'm impressed that he's kept up some maturity recently.

With this im assuming your talking about your map choices topic a few months back where you completely failed to understand the Yuri faction, you'll find i wasn't the only one who saw or commented that you where way out of your depth.

9 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Because there was discussion regarding bailing and major issues with the ladder, dkeeton made the most logical choice and implemented it.
If both players need to enable the setting for hiding names then the option becomes useless entirely, as it's supposed to deter players from bailing certain players or factions.

The option of seeing players names in the tab screen, has absolutely no effect on bailing players or factions, your already in the game by this point, you can no longer 'bail' you can play or quit and if you quit you lose points. You can also still currently see what faction your against.

• Upvote 1

I didnt say i wasn't grateful nerd. I happen to think they have done a great job for YR i just don't agree to making changes to the game without consulting the community, Grant has previously said himself they will support the original game ;) i think you'll find in the original game you could see your opponents nicknames.  Go troll elsewhere.

They didn't change the game. Hiding player names doesn't have anything to do with gameplay. That's a false equivalency you're making there. XWIS showed names, yes. Cncnet doesn't have to replicate xwis 100%

God damn, you guys bicker over the most useless shit! Marko said it best "stop complaining about something as unimportant as seeing opponents nickname."

There's been some good points on both sides of the argument clouded with flames and spam. Overall, the poll showed inconclusive results and we can't draw anything from the poll other than the community is divided on this issue. For that reason, status quo should continue, is it really that big of a problem that you can't see who you are playing? I could care less either way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Is it really that big of a problem that you can't see who you are playing?

What's the strangest thing is that cncnet YR is the only game/community to have done something like this. 

All other games show the participants of the match. 

Though gaming communities have been going down in quality, due to player attitudes.

7 hours ago, JSDS said:

come on !

votes ended by showing people nicks . 

i dont see any problme in showing people nick in QM match because if the other player bails he D.C and the other person get points .

Except he closed the poll when there's still people that haven't voted. Not to mention it's still up to Grant/xme in the end.

21 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

Except he closed the poll when there's still people that haven't voted. Not to mention it's still up to Grant/xme in the end.

I did not close the poll, it was set to close at the end of the month.

Edited by ZiGZaG