Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Can't do that. Transports need to load/unload units from them. Some of the tiles will have to be redone.

Below is screen cap from EDWIN with snow beaches. The Desert shores that have land on the left and water on the right need to be moved right about 6 to 8 pixals.

des_vs_snow.png.bd0724d9321369f0cd6ca16475c70d99.png

The problem with graphics editing arises when you try to modify curves and 45 degree-ish tiles. What terrain should that be? Water? Noo, there's a bunch of sand there... well then, passable? No, there still a tiny bit of water there. So it's a really hard question.

I know.

You can use EDWIN and lay out all of the tiles and click on the passable tab that will show what can be walked on. I'm going to rework your shores and rivers to fit Vesa Piittinen desert (the color is off slightly) I'll see if I can find a way to fix sh38 as it is the one the the Rifle Inf/ Mini Gun is standing on in the screen shot.

The problem with graphics editing arises when you try to modify curves and 45 degree-ish tiles. What terrain should that be? Water? Noo, there's a bunch of sand there... well then, passable? No, there still a tiny bit of water there. So it's a really hard question.

Ships use cells that are twice as large in both dimensions, though.

Sorry about not posting, I have some serious work to do on my PhD, but I'm trying to figure out an elegant way to do the shores.

There's only one thing now, which bothers me... because there is no solution for that... creating a real NOD player with red buildings and white units...

Iran added a Color= and SecondaryColorScheme= that can be added into maps.  This works in V3.03P R233. The codes are not found in V3.03P-1 BETA2 that Red Dawn 2013 uses sadly.

Color code table:

0 = Gold/Yellow

1 = Blue

2 = Red

3 = Lime Green

4 = Orange

5 = Gray

6 = Teal/Green

7 = Brown/Dark Red

Ex:

[uSSR]

Credits=50

TechLevel=8

Color=2 ; this will change the color of both units and buildings; If you only want to change unit colors you can skip this. SecondaryColorScheme=1 ;If SecondaryColorScheme added it will change unit to the listed color.

*Adding Color= or SecondaryColorScheme= in the rules.ini has no effect. It must be done in each map*

I dropped in the newer V3.03P R233 so I could grab a screen shot of the SecondaryColorScheme being used in Red Dawn 2013

red_alert-2014-03-14-11_17_04.png.90a95620d9fdbda6dd3510c296888702.png

Well, hello! I fixed the cartoonish bridges and started using Iran's patch. Works really, really nice! However I miss or misuse the Rotors=0 function, making Orcas with rotors :-/ I also noticed you guys using Nod=soviet / GDI=allies. In my C&C conversion it's the other way around so starting units are almost fine. Last, but not least, br3f which is supposed to be all water is impassable somewhy (rtmtype shows water as it should be)

CC-RA15.jpg.ad5072dd3c148f27ab9b1479938cb029.jpg

I also did much the same thing but you beat me to the post.... I did some work to the River tilesets to fix some cut off rocks and to the waterfalls as they had glowing water.

I'll attach what I have.

For the br3f what you can do is extract out the stock br3f.sno from the snow.mix and put it into the same folder as rtmtype. Put your br3f.tem in the folder as well than use this cammand.

RTMType.EXE br3f.tem -f! br3f.sno -d I

What this dose is take terrain codes from the stock snow br3f.sno and apply it to your br3f.tem. If this dosn't work let me know and I'll do a hex edit so that it will work like water.

red_alert-2014-03-18-23_46_22.png.6f4361640ca2ee9b38e1def2bf6e26bb.png

Update_for_Tschokky_Des.zip

Well hello!

I fixed the shores and added the ant hill as well. Thank you for your advice and contributions. Sadly br3f is still bad, I opened it in XVI32 hex editor, but it showed the correct bytes, so I really don't know what's wrong with it. I think the temp-desert conversion is ready to play, but please feel free to send any comments.

des-goldf.mix

des-tibf.mix

Yes, I am using rtmtype, I tried copying attributes of br3f.sno to br3f.tem, but got the same error at the end. Then I looked at it with a hex editor but everything was OK there as well, so I really don't get it why it's not passable for ships.