Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

It is only found on maps as the game is hard coded in skirmish mode and multiplayer to give the Nuke Missiles Silo to any player when they build a Soviet Tech Center  or Allied Tech Center no matter what Prerequisite or Owner you give the Nuke Missiles Silo.

You can look into it. It also effets [E7] Tanya as well. If I give Missiles Silo or Tanya Prerequisite of any kind as long as it isn't the Soviet Tech Center or Allied Tech Center the prob goes away.

In the case of Red Dawn the Allied Tech Center/Satelite Center it used a Prerequisite of Radar Dome/Comm Center and once built it would give me the Missiles Silo that still uses Prerequisite of Soviet Tech Center/Temple of Nod even if I was Allied/GDI.

It dosn't seem to effect single player but Westwood may have used TechLevel=-1 on Tanya for any Soviet missions that reach the max tech level and TechLevel=-1 on the Missile Silo for any Allied missions that reach the max tech level. I would have to test and see if it dose to know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I return here over a year later due to my studies and I find that not only you've released an entirely new version, but it integrates Iran's fixes and you've converted all of the original TD Campaigns over! At long last in over a decade in the making someone has finally ported Tiberian Dawn to Red Alert's engine! This is the closest authentic replication of TD on an updated interface you'll ever see, you deserve some sort of award for this o_O

The need to change to the Iran patch became clear when I saw the nice config and laucher set up and once Iran added the Desert and Winter theaters I made the jump. The TD mission wasn't a convert but a remake since most of the coding of TD maps dosn't work in RA and what did (units, buildings and tress) had about half off of the map.

It is close to TD but there is a few flaws right now. SSM Launcher, Recon Bike, Stealth tank, Chem Warrior and Chem Tank are have overpowered weapons. I forgot to Techlevel=-1 the MAD Tank for the TD missions.

I have a working version right now working for CnC Net 4 and CnC Net 5. Right now I'm not sure if I want to throw the whole thing out for any one than fight a rash of bugs and balance problems that will likely show up or do closed testing with a small group of people that should find all of the bugs and balance problems before I put it out for everyone.

I still use the slow and fast build speed set up for Net 4 so I can't put the rules.ini in the folder. I will have to put rules.ini and aftrmath.ini  into a SC*****.mix  or EXPAND#.mix. Fixing the ForceAMRulesSlowBuildSpeed.ini in the ConfigToolFiles is easy.