Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Hi ROB, I didn't see that one. I just checked it and it's the Radar Dome crash. I added a test fix for it (which I'm not sure about whether it fixes the crash or not) but Allen262 seems to be using an older EXE.

Which options would you use? It isn't hard for me to add but it takes quite some time..

I would use it but a Turret= and Crusher= key would be more usefull right now to me.

Hi ROB, I didn't see that one. I just checked it and it's the Radar Dome crash. I added a test fix for it (which I'm not sure about whether it fixes the crash or not) but Allen262 seems to be using an older EXE.

The EXE that I'm using is 3.03P-I BETA2. I wasn't aware that a newer one was made yet. I'm not sure why the Radar Dome/Comm Center would cause a crash since it has no triggers attached to it.

It's a bug in the game, in rare occasions the game crashes while building (the first?) Radar Dome.

I could take a look into building foundations, and I found how determining whether a building is fake or not works, possibly also determing whether a building is selectable or not.

A crash when the user builds a Radar Dome? I've see it but it dosen't repeat every time even if the crash happens you can load from a save before the crash and build the Radar Dome just fine.

In ROBs case he is capturing a Radar Dome/Comm Center on the map. The map is a remake of GDI 15c that has a Nod Radar Dome/Comm Center that you can capture and Power Plant next to it for jump start.

Building foundations would be something as I could fix the Tib Silo and Adv Power Plant and Adv Comm Center but if I changed the Building foundations I would have to edit and test just about all 100+ missions.

>A crash when the user builds a Radar Dome? I've see it but it dosen't repeat every time even if the crash happens you can load from a save before the crash and build the Radar Dome just fine.

That's useful to know, thanks.

>In ROBs case he is capturing a Radar Dome/Comm Center on the map. The map is a remake of GDI 15c that has a Nod Radar Dome/Comm Center that you can capture and Power Plant next to it for jump start.

Does the crash always happen?

EDIT: How about being able to configure enabling rotors or disabling rotors on aircrafts?

Must have been a fluke, playing now and it did not crash.

BTW about building foundations, http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2466.0 there may be a little bit of insight there. Seems that its not enough to increase the building foundation size, as Red Alert still expects certain size sprites to be there. If you increase the foundation, and put a bigger sprite on it, GFX clipping still occurs.

I took a look at building foundations yesterday and I made the fake Construction Yard have the same foundation as the Ore Refinery, then I give it the same foundation as the silo, then removed some bibs.

There's a lot of stuff I don't know yet about how the building foundations, bibs and refresh area work so it would take me an afternoon at least to figure it out.

Iran

Enabling rotors or disabling rotors on aircraft would have been use full early on but I ended up just adding rotor to the ORCA icon and calling it good.

ROB

If the crash dosn't repeat when you capture a Radar Dome/Comm Center than it is likely random crash. I thought ARDA had the building foundations working but I guess not....

No, just need to open the map file and set Color= or SecondaryColorScheme= to the right RemapType index (same one as the player color set in REDALERT.INI).

It'll be part of the next release, I also added support for Red Alert 2 like tech buildings, not buildings with special functions but building which get instantly captured by engineers and don't have building crew, plus have a white color scheme.

so currently they're remapped to blue....

does a large amount of stuff need to be redone if it were to be put into grey instead?

I can edit the master palette so that blue is the C&C 95 gray. I think Nyerguds may even have the palette around.

No, just need to open the map file and set Color= or SecondaryColorScheme= to the right RemapType index (same one as the player color set in REDALERT.INI).

It'll be part of the next release, I also added support for Red Alert 2 like tech buildings, not buildings with special functions but building which get instantly captured by engineers and don't have building crew, plus have a white color scheme.

I still have the color codes from when you added the ability change countries side and color to fix Brothers in Arms.  Color= added in the V3.03P-I BETA2 to fix Brothers in Arms scoring (everthing was scored by the game as Soviet losses) so you would have to use SecondaryColor= or UnitColor=

Yeah, I made one with the intent of using it in a RA to C&C conversion. It's still uploaded here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/mods/ra1_to_cc1/finished/

(I also got some tests in the folder above it to change the remap source, but that was just a proof of concept. It would require reconverting all SHP files to use :P )

Note that the included title.pcx has palette changes in it to accommodate the new colours, so the LAN game screen shows them correctly.

Yeah, I made one with the intent of using it in a RA to C&C conversion. It's still uploaded here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/mods/ra1_to_cc1/finished/

I'll look. I know at one time you showed me a screen shot that had Red changed to Nod gray.

(I also got some tests in the folder above it to change the remap source, but that was just a proof of concept. It would require reconverting all SHP files to use :P )

Note that the included title.pcx has palette changes in it to accommodate the new colours, so the LAN game screen shows them correctly.

I did this for the 2013. I changed Blue and Gold around. It was easier to change the SHP color than redo and test every single player mission. I made a palette that works with your Purple Palettes. Dump the stock Gold buildings and units in to pcx using Purple Palettes and recompile with my custom palette. Now eveything that was remap Gold is Blue when viewed with the stock RA Palettes. Edit of the master palette (palette.cps) to swap Blue and Gold around and your done.

One thing I've noticed is that civilian buildings show up as blue with this recolour, AFAIK in normal Red Alert they're the yellow you recolored.

Color stuff is:

Colour=
0           - Yellow
1           - Blue
2           - Red
3           - Green
4           - Orange
5           - Gray
6           - Teal
7           - Brown/Dark Red
8           - White (not fully done)
9           - Black (not folly done)
10          - Flaming blue

With the new additions to my patch (not yet released but I can give you the needed EXE) you can modify a house like BadGuy so it's white colored, the house's buildings get instantly captured by players and the house has no building crew--like tech buildings in RA2. I might add RA2 Oil Derrick logic to the game.

[badGuy]
color=8 ; color = white
BuildingsGetInstantlyCaptured=yes
NoBuildingCrew=yes

I've changed Blue and Gold around. So every side that was Gold is now Blue (Civilians and Spain, Neutral, and Special) Blue is now Gold (Greece).

You didn't need to make the NoBuildingCrew= key. The stock Crewed= key works on buildings. Just add Crewed=no to your tech building.

• 2 weeks later...

Iran

That is small down side but if you logic can make it so that a building isn't crewed tell it is owned by the player or AI that that is good.

Ersland

I see that the rapidshare links no longer work with Internet Explorer 8 but are fine with Internet Explorer 10 and Chrome. You can jump over to PPM and get them as Banshee is mirroring all files at http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 that you can download with IE8 or use some other browser.

• 2 weeks later...

No it dosn't have a virus.  Some antivirus software think the ra95.exe is a virus. I know Kaspersky use to but I emailed them about it and it was cleared up quite awhile ago. I also belive Norton was doing the same but it was fixed before I delt with Kaspersky.

All of the community builds of RA1 are know do this because of updates to the ra95.exe to fix bug and add new things. The community builds are based on PortableRA and specifically the ra95.exe AKA the Iran patched exe file. PortableRA http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/ has a warning about antivirus false positives at the bottom of the page.

Also can an Admin nuke that extra long quote post brandonvortex made? The small one asking the same question is all that was needed.