Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Nyerguds

He is and the tile is set right. Not sure why is is not water.

Tschokky

You forgot about WC01 WC07 WC 08 WC14 WC15 WC21 WC22 WC28. They link sand beach to rock cliff. I made a set for you as I have converted your new shores and rivers to fit with the Desert by Vesa Piittinen that I expanded on.

The Iran patched RA95.exe should inlcude a desert.mix *You may have to run CnCNet5 and let it download it* (In Red Dawn 2013 and Red Dawn Online it is packed into the RedAlert.mix) All desert tiles use the file extension of .des

The fix for the un-updated WC##'s is attched below.

Tschokky_Water_Cliff.zip

Tschokkky

You forgot about WC01 WC07 WC 08 WC14 WC15 WC21 WC22 WC28. They link sand beach to rock cliff. I made a set for you as I have converted your new shores and rivers to fit with the Desert by Vesa Piittinen that I expanded on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Thank you for your fix :)

I got your new parts fit into Vesa's Desert so that dose away with my quickly made rivers, briges and beach. Now I have a feeling I will have to edit every C&C Classic Nod mission because of some lazy work. The Nod 11B I took the below screens from has one mess up to be fixed.

red_alert-2014-03-23-01_02_24.png.8c16b0b3d1cec036606a123289cc5be5.png

red_alert-2014-03-23-01_03_10.png.280f6720960e3f24e47459f5cd7944d1.png

Yes, I am using rtmtype, I tried copying attributes of br3f.sno to br3f.tem, but got the same error at the end. Then I looked at it with a hex editor but everything was OK there as well, so I really don't get it why it's not passable for ships.

I see. You could try trimming it down to remove the junk the converter apparently adds, and copying in the original header, as was the original method.

It is that way in RA1. I never changed it back to the C&C95 one.

Well then change it already, lol  :P

When I looked in the hex edtor I didn't see any extra bytes added by PCX2RMT.EXE. Maybe there is something in the original header.

I'm thinking about making a patch if Tschokky will let me use the rivers, bridges and beaches he made. This would also let me update the ra95.exe to the newer R298 that fixed the ant mission saved game bug as well as I can make use of the SecondaryColorScheme= for all of the C&C Classic Missions.

Well I'm working on the patch now. I fixed all of the missions so they now use the new shores with out cut off errors. I also added SecondaryColorScheme to Nod for all of the C&C Classic Missions. The RA1 master palette (palette.cps) updated to add Nod gray. Added the new Crusher=no logic to the Buggy so it will quit crushing infantry. Unit weapon fixes already done for Red Dawn Online have been ported back.

red_alert-2014-03-28-00_10_37.png.99e01da0b9a311d99f4e3ab371d041e1.png

Oh wow, that's an awesome Comm Center icon. Where's that render from?

It looks like it's the correct viewpoint to be from the ion cannon video, but you never see the full thing there...

Background is clearly the stealth tank video, though.

And tsk, they didn't add the exception for harvesters and MCVs in Secondary Scheme logic :P

Nyerguds:

I used the pic to make my old Refinery icon way back before the first Red Dawn. I changed back to the stock one since it wasn't my work to use in any public mod.

All others:

Red Dawn 2013 Patch #1 is out and the link for it is found on the 1st page. The screen below has most of the visable changes.

inmVbZp.png

On the use of that pic... you could just have, you know, asked :P

On the pic:

-why is the placement grid green? It's white in C&C1...

-Ore still seems to be shown the same way on radar. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

-Ew, large infantry :P

-Shouldn't there be a tech center in that mission?

-There are some errors on the shore at the bottom. See attached pic.

shore_err.png.43504033cd2046705338e923200c36a2.png

I didn't know who made it. I made it as a icon back in 06/07 maybe 08 and used it up tell the first Red Dawn in 2011.

I changed to bright green in Red Dawn as the white blends in into the snow too well for me. Up tell now it was solid blocks Green, Yellow and Red. The trans.icn is a TMP (RA) but has some setting the will let black (pallete index 0 be made clear). Not even rtmtype can copy over the data. I had to change each pixal color by hex edit.

No idea how the game dose the radar tib/ore.

Game has a small infantry option as well.

More errors I forgot to get. They are cut off from some tiles that got left from when I build the map. I'm sure a good number of the stock skrimish/MP maps that I changed to desert will have error like that if not worst.

config.png.ab4768ace950fe78dec7813ff1681aed.png

Ah, neat.

What about the missing tech center, though?

The mission should have a rules tweak so MISS is the only prerequisite of the Stealth Tank. That's what's done in C&C1. (Though in C&C1 it's obviously an exception in the exe, and triggered purely by the side and mission number)

Nyerguds:

RA1 will let you plug many rules.ini keys into the map it self. I have to TechLevel=-1 all of the RA1 units for the C&C Classic maps. [HPAD] gets Owner=allies so Nod can't building it tell caping a GDI Con Yard. For the Stealth Tank I change the Prerequisite to MISS in the map.

Yes, I know all that, Allen. I was commenting on the fact that in your screenshot, the tech center appears to be missing :P

[edit] Nevermind. Seems I misremembered the details of the mission. it should be just out of that screen, to the left. My bad. I thought it was supposed to be above that middle refinery there :S [/edit]

Oh, and I just wanted to make sure you changed it to the tech center, rather than adding it as prerequisite to the normal comm center one. I've seen the internal logics that do this in C&C, and it is indeed replaced ;)