The official CnCNet5 client+game package download thread

FunkyFr3sh

I tried to puzzle a new wineskin package togehter for mac osx since the old one was built out of an older version of red alert online, i do not have a mac tho :(

Would be cool if someone could test it for me, get it here: http://dev.cncnet.org/files/RedAlert1_Wineskin_Mac_OS_X_TEST-VERSION.zip

Changelog:

Added Game Launcher

Added both Map editors

Added Single-Player Missions

Updated RedAlertConfig

Changed a couple default settings

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Linux user and I am having some trouble with the CnCnet 5 Red Alert 1 client. My current OS is Ubuntu 12.04 and I have wine + Winetricks, NET frameworks 2.0 - 3.0, and the service packs for each. When I attempt to login with the client, I get an error that says "Windows class name is not valid" and the client has to close. Twisted Insurrection works flawlessly, but the RA1 client is not. Is there a way to resolve the issue?

I have also tested cncnet5.exe with Tiberian Sun and got the same error. I downloaded the exe and dropped it in the folder, since I already had TS installed. So whatever the issue is on my end, it's related to the exe itself. Attached to this post are the logs from TS today and yesterday's RA1 log. I apologize for not posting them in the first place.

2014-8-11_13-37-58.txt

2014-8-10_13-54-58.txt

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been having problems with CnCnet ever since the new update. It would crash very often, and now when I wanted to launch it, it says that the program has stopped working. I don't know what really causes this problem, but it must be a bug with the new update. Should I reinstall the client?

GunxHGE.png

• 10 months later...