The official CnCNet5 client+game package download thread

FunkyFr3sh

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

the client supports now any red alert and tiberian dawn mod that exists!

add the following 2 lines to the settings file (current name "ra1client.ini", might be changed to "cncnet5.ini" the next days")

CustomGameType=ramscram

CustomGameName=My Super Cool RA1 Mod

Red Dawn is using the following settings:

CustomGameType=rard

CustomGameName=Red Dawn

place your mods rules.ini into the main dir and rename it to "spawn.xdp", the aftrmath.ini must be renamed to "spawnam.xdp"

the client will NOT download Maps/Icons/Sounds/Lanuage string tables for mods, make sure to create your own custom files or use the ones from the red alert version!

Other updates:

place a file called "CnCNet5ClientBackground.png" and it will be used as background

voice chat has been added

etc... (find the other new features yourself!)

ra1o.png

no its not about rules.ini mods, it's about full game mods like red dawn! the modders need to create their own game package and downloads

map sending does work, but the client wont ship with the default maps since modders might modify the original maps (red dawn got many maps converted to desert/winter)

I'm looking for a mirror, currently the files are hosted on the same server as the cncnet4 server which means if cncnet4 is down its also not possible to play on cncnet5 :( If someone got like 10mb webspace to host the files i would be very happy! It would only be used incase the cncnet4 server is down (it wont cause much traffic at all)

Updates:

the client supports now any red alert and tiberian dawn mod that exists!

Sorry just to confirm this, so Red Dawn 2013 is fully compatible with the Lobby now? It seems you need to tweak with the configuration files at the moment so it'd cause confusion for some players.

Ah thanks for the quick response Funky :o

So from my understanding Red Dawn 2013 now integrates Iran's Portable RA fixes/extras, so would it be possible to convert missions for Coop just like RA? That'd be too epic! xD

yes, its possible to play CoOp missions with red dawn too! i dont know if allen is going to convert some of his missions to multiplayer (or maybe even all of them) would be nice for sure

How are the mods loaded in?

Does it need all kinds of fancy extra files or just rules.ini and any changed MIX files?

you need the mod rules.ini and aftrmath.ini, then just add 2 lines to the settings file (cncnet5.ini) everything else is optional .. allen made his own sounds, he got modified country names in the string tables, he got his own background, he is shipping it with his own maps and he modified the preview generator files (the flag icons he is usings are the same as the red alert ones)

• 4 weeks later...

i have download the full game package and want to play online with CnC net 5 but not working fine for me keep showing A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond  :(

any idea? i has been try with disable antivirus and firewall but still the same problem.... :S

my windows is window 7 with 64bit

The_Lobby_Screen.jpg.e7fcb0f8ca557e5042e4b189476f1c18.jpg

That is either caused by your firewall/antivirus or your internet provider locked the needed ports

Try to use a vpn (www.anchorfree.com), if it works via the vpn then its caused by your internet provider if not then its very likely any security program which is installed on your pc

You can also test it with an irc client (www.mirc.com), try to connect to irc.cncnet.org, channel #cncnet

That is either caused by your firewall/antivirus or your internet provider locked the needed ports

Try to use a vpn (www.anchorfree.com), if it works via the vpn then its caused by your internet provider if not then its very likely any security program which is installed on your pc

You can also test it with an irc client (www.mirc.com), try to connect to irc.cncnet.org, channel #cncnet

i installed hotspot shield it look fine but will effect the connection speed or not when i shield it?

20131122141821.jpg.ff0f42b5b7c572dcbc1de13884d5adcf.jpg