Why does yuri,s revenge game contains many problems?

ᅚᅚᅚ

Question

Hi I got 5 problems with this game :-

1- Sometimes when I run the client I get a message says that the client stopped working.

2-Sometimes When I click on launch to play game I be stuck for minutes or it says client is not responding.

3-Sometimes When I click on launch I see my screen  black for 1 Second then I get back to the client I try again and again and still can't be in a game when I click on launch so I restart my computer.

4-Sometimes my Avast Anti Virus detects the client as a virus so it drops the client in a part of the program it is called Virus Chest sometimes I can't get the client back so I restart my computer and I get it back again.

5-And Finally -And this is the worse problem-, Now when I click on launch it says windows explorer not responding that means after I got 4  problems for months I get another fifth problem makes me can't pay this game! I can't play the game anymore really I can't.

I reinstalled the game maybe 10 times or more !!!! because of those problems and I still have them.

I don't know what to do! maybe I am done with this game.

Or I should say {{CnCNet please fix all those problems please help me}}

Thank you.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

14 answers to this question

Just now, Lud0wig said:

Reinstall your operating system and stop using a stupid antivirus program...

That's nice.. just tell him to reinstall his operating system and go through a whole nother process when he could just uninstall his anti virus...  

On 06/04/2018 at 6:07 PM, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

I reinstalled the game maybe 10 times or more !!!! because of those problems and I still have them.

If you reinstalled the game/cncnet client over 10 times and still believe that cncnet is at fault then you're dumber than you sound.
The issue is most likely with something else in your PC, you should try the following.

• Use a different Anti-Virus, I recommend Kaspersky / BitDefender internet security (not just antivirus), 50 eur /dollars a year is not a lot.
  • Repair/re-install Windows (without some crack, get a legit key from kinguin for around sub-30 dollars).

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, xmobster5 said:

That's nice.. just tell him to reinstall his operating system and go through a whole nother process when he could just uninstall his anti virus...  

We can't know for certain that it's his anti-virus, but it sounds like it could be. 

14 minutes ago, xmobster5 said:

It's quicker and easier to reinstall the operating system tbh

Are those the best answers you got?! Reinstalling my operating system or pay for another anti virus to use it or paying 30 DOLLARS for a legit key !!! Any website would say that!! I didn't expect your solutions I expected a fast and easy and logical solution. I am not going to reinstall my operating system and I am not going to pay for a legit key and I am not going to use another anti virus and by the way I disabled my anti virus to play the game and I still have the same problem when I launch game it says "windows explorer has stopped working" that proves that there is no problem with my anti virus it just detects the client as a virus and I get the client back again. sometimes the game was working fine in the past months but now I can't play the game I don't know why.

I will see what I can do.

Thank you.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

3 minutes ago, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

Are those the best answers you got?! Reinstalling my operating system or paying 30 DOLLARS for another anti virus to use it!!! Any website would say that!! I didn't expect your solutions I expected a fast and easy and logical solution. I am not going to reinstall my operating system and I am not going to use another anti virus and by the way I disabled my anti virus to play the game and I still have the same problem when I launch game it says "windows explorer has stopped working" that proves that there is no problem with my anti virus it just detects the client as a virus and I get the client back again. sometimes the game was working fine in the past months but now I can't play the game I don't know why.

I will see what I can do.

Thank you.

You got some pretty harsh answers here. I generally don't answer questions about Windows or anti-viruses because I don't have much experience there.

With that said, I think your antivirus is the primary cause of the problems. Some AV have taken to marking clientdx.exe as matching heuristic trojan patterns. This is a false alarm, the detection is probably based on the use of IRC and metadata obfuscation. (IRC is how WOL and XWIS and CnCNet connect players, but it can also be how botnets communicate with their controller)

If you want to get things working correctly, I think you'll need to white-list clientdx.exe and gamemd-spawn.exe through your AV..

I am sorry for my harsh answers I am just surprised of their answers and I don't think that their answers will help me maybe reinstalling operating system will solve the problem but that will take time so I am lazy to do that I have other reasons too makes me not to reinstall my operating system.

10 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

If you want to get things working correctly, I think you'll need to white-list clientdx.exe and gamemd-spawn.exe through your AV..

Ok I will uninstall my anti virus and see if the game will work thank you for your answer.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

5 hours ago, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

Ok I will uninstall my anti virus and see if the game will work thank you for your answer.

Why uninstall the anti-virus when you can add the files dkeeton mentioned to the whitelist/exclusions?

5 hours ago, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

I am sorry for my harsh answers I am just surprised of their answers and I don't think that their answers will help me maybe reinstalling operating system will solve the problem but that will take time so I am lazy to do that I have other reasons too makes me not to reinstall my operating system.

While Lud0wig was basically trolling by acting like a kid, I wasn't joking around.

If you turned off your anti-virus and your explorer.exe crashed while running the game that's evidence that there's a problem in your operating system.
I personally don't care if your computer blows up, steals all your money or gets your imprisoned for participating in a bot-net, if you think you know best then do whatever you want.

32 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

While Lud0wig was basically trolling by acting like a kid, I wasn't joking around.

You're really clueless lol, it wasn't a joke, Avast is simply trash and reinstalling Windows isn't such a painful and long process...

6 hours ago, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

This is funny as hell. Instead of wasting your time to write some useless replies, you would've been done fixing the problem long time ago, how doesn't a clean install help? Or removing a stupid antivirus software when there are better solutions out there and Windows Defender does a decent job anyway? Learn to back up your important stuff and don't be lazy, that's not how you ask for help.

3 hours ago, Lud0wig said:

Avast is simply trash and reinstalling Windows isn't such a painful and long process...

• Avast is rated as one of the best free anti-virus solutions...
  • The difficulty of the process for reinstalling Windows depends entirely of the version of Windows he's using, also the amount of personal files he will need to organise and backup and the software he will need to reinstall.

Your input is based entirely on assumptions.

3 hours ago, Lud0wig said:

This is funny as hell. Instead of wasting your time to write some useless replies, you would've been done fixing the problem long time ago, how doesn't a clean install help? Or removing a stupid antivirus software when there are better solutions out there and Windows Defender does a decent job anyway? Learn to back up your important stuff and don't be lazy, that's not how you ask for help.

Acting like some annoying know it all teenager is not a  good way to give help.

2 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:
  • Avast is rated as one of the best free anti-virus solutions...
  • The difficulty of the process for reinstalling Windows depends entirely of the version of Windows he's using, also the amount of personal files he will need to organise and backup and the software he will need to reinstall.

Your input is based entirely on assumptions.

That's why they claim to offer support for Windows XP and on my XP Pro x64 machine it always gives a BSoD when I run/uninstall it and had to do a system restore to get rid of it, let alone that it's simply horrible when it comes down to CnCNet YR/MO, it's a joke in general. Want free solutions? Bitdefender offers one already

5 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Acting like some annoying know it all teenager is not a  good way to give help.

I can't help stubborn and close minded people, sorry, maybe you can.

CnCNet thank you for supporting the game after Westwood studios ....... I am going to uninstall this game and I am done with it I can't stand waiting for 9 hours to play a game a lot of problems happens to this game I am done.

Thank you all Thank you it was pretty fun to see this game alive however I can't play it online.

Bye CnCnet.

Hi CnCNet, I couldn't leave this game I thought a bit then I reinstalled it again that is funny but I like it pretty much so I thought that I should give it a  try again...... You say my Anti Virus is the primary cause right? I uninstalled it and I have no anti virus and the game still has 100 error! The final error that I got is that I can't find maps but I have all the maps  in folder maps but I can't see any map.

O and I remember another error causes because of the new update "Error: Closing link (Excess Flood)" sometimes I get it when I create game.

I swear that I reinstalled this game 20 times!!!

also I disabled firewall and that didn't work!

What do I do more than that!!?

CnCNet please fix the client with my respect to you Sir "I think that your client has those errors" I am tired of trying and trying and trying I don't how you don't get a lot of reports about this game!? Am I the only one who has those errors? But how?  How do all those errors come to me?!  and why me ?! Is it even possible?! This is incredible! No This is terrible!!!! I can't even start a game! everyone in the channel thinks that I am trolling in the client "and they say that I don't want to start any game but that is not true I just have a lot of erros do ban me from starting the game ,  also even If I started the game I won't load!!!

Sometimes in the game the screen get frozen I mean I can't do anything!!!!!!

Look at the screenshot [As you can see no maps]

gddgdg.thumb.PNG.680f97c7e5e2eaaf7689c44724da74cb.PNG

I can't do anything for this game only you can so I am requesting fixing this client and removing this error ["Error: Closing link (Excess Flood)"].

And sorry if my answers are harsh :)I am just tired of trying for this game.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ