Yuri's Revenge - January 2018 QM Map List

ZiGZaG

Which maps did you enjoy playing in January 2018?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which maps did you enjoy playing in January 2018?

• Dune Patrol
    • Offense Defense
    • Dry Heat
    • Heartland
    • Montana DMZ
    • Country Swing
    • No Wimps
    • Dustbowl
    • Hidden Valley
    • Divide and Conquer
    • Snow Valley
    • Official Tournament Map B
    • Jungle Of Vietnam
    • Tour of Egypt
    • May Day
    • Depth Charge
    • Roundhouse Kick
    • Death Valley Girl
    • Stormy Weather

Map List For January QM

Please post your thought's/suggestion's, mention what you do like or what you dont. At current we are only allowed 18 maps and a bonus map which switches every week,  please suggest which map would you like to change next week and what map you would like to replace it with.

Map Allied Soviet Yuri

Dune Patrol * * *
Offense Defense * * *
Dry Heat * * *
Heartland * * *
Montana DMZ * * *
Country Swing * * *
No Wimps * * *
Dustbowl * * *
Hidden Valley * * *
Divide and Conquer * * *
Snow Valley * * Mirror
Official Tournament Map B * * Mirror
Jungle Of Vietnam * * Mirror
Tour of Egypt * * Mirror
May Day * * Mirror
Depth Charge * * Mirror
Roundhouse Kick * * Mirror
Death Valley Girl * * Mirror
Stormy Weather * * Mirror
Yin-Yang * * Mirror

Also if anyone is interested in doing so feel free to suggest map lists for future months.

Edited by ZiGZaG
Added poll
  • Like 1

• Grant changed the title to Yuri's Revenge - January 2018 QM Map List
  • Grant pinned this topic
  • Grant featured this topic

I had considered Roundhouse kick the bonus map to be fair.

Dune patrol probably does favour sovs yea but theres allied and Yuri maps there aswell mayday/depth/SV.

CS is fine for all 3 factions imo its probably the most tried and tested map i know. I fail to see how its unbalanced for allies on YR.

Edited by ZiGZaG

12 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Map List For January QM

Map Allied Soviet Yuri

Dune Patrol * * *
Offense Defense * * *
Dry Heat * * *
Heartland * * *
Montana DMZ * * *
Country Swing * * *
No Wimps * * *
Dustbowl * * *
Hidden Valley * * *
Divide and Conquer * * *
Snow Valley * * Mirror
Tour of Egypt * * Mirror
May Day * * Mirror
Depth Charge * * Mirror

Please post your thought's/suggestion's, mention what you do like or what you dont. At current we are only allowed 18 maps and a bonus map which switches every week,  please suggest which map would you like to change next week and what map you would like to replace it with.

Also if anyone is interested in doing so feel free to suggest map lists for future months.

Decent map pool it actually looks like yuri qm... maps like no wimps, roundhouse, death vally girl, stormy weather classic yuri qm maps.

@grant

Can we make the ladder public, so what if its still in testing. Main reason why i don't play QM is the fact that you match the same people 15 games in a row.

• Thanks 1

I think the issue that holds back qm will be the fact you have to register on the forum. Most wont do this, therefore wont be able to play qm.

I also agree its time to take the ladder public.

Im assuming you moved this topic and added the poll Grant which seems a waste of time, most dont and wont bother posting/voting especially untill it goes public.

Just now, Grant said:

I assumed you set this map list live for January already or have I misunderstood...

They don't register via the forum, they register via the ladder - anyway, for another topic.

Yea i set it live? Wasnt i supposed to?

Ahh i see.

Where are we on making the ladder public?

No that's fine its supposed to be live. Poll's there for the duration of the month as we discussed in the other forum.

The ladder is technically public, the main clients advertise the fact there is "Ranked Match" or "Quick Match". It's just not advertised via the websites currently.
We are actively discussing it internally before coming to a decision on *when*. 

15 minutes ago, sunny said:

Hi, 

May it be suggested adding every official map in the game? That would simply make the game more fun. If you do not like the map or are afraid of your opponent you can always bail him/her.

We've now got a process for the map list - and it's been long debated in the ladder testers forum. Let's roll with what we have for now. 

2 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

I had considered Roundhouse kick the bonus map to be fair.

Dune patrol probably does favour sovs yea but theres allied and Yuri maps there aswell mayday/depth/SV.

CS is fine for all 3 factions imo its probably the most tried and tested map i know. I fail to see how its unbalanced for allies on YR.

Yeah. I totally agree with zigzag .

Cs is balanced for all 3 factions . 

Most of players says that cs is a soviet map but i find cs good for allied too. 

Yuri also is good for cs .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sero said:

yo this looks good but this are mostly 2vs2 maps. missing maps like Alamo, Urban Rush or South Pacific. Cant you admins make more maps and if there are unbalanced maps do it "mirror"

More maps will be cool .

Heck. Srobe. Tourney A .

Maps must be there too 

21 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Map List For January QM

Map Allied Soviet Yuri

Dune Patrol * * *
Offense Defense * * *
Dry Heat * * *
Heartland * * *
Montana DMZ * * *
Country Swing * * *
No Wimps * * *
Dustbowl * * *
Hidden Valley * * *
Divide and Conquer * * *
Snow Valley * * Mirror
Tour of Egypt * * Mirror
May Day * * Mirror
Depth Charge * * Mirror
Yin-Yang * * Mirror

This list definitely does have a “classic “ feel to it. I’ve never been a big fan of mayday, but that’s just me. Maps like roundhouse kick, no wimps are fun with a lot of techs, but I feel these and dust bowl will probably get the majority of vetoes. Solid list tho for sure, and there are plenty of other good maps to include off the top of my bias rusty head : sovereign land, lakeside, head for the hills etc.. there are so many but I definitely think this list is solid. I do however still think having a “themed list” is the way to go! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a1nthony said:

This list definitely does have a “classic “ feel to it. I’ve never been a big fan of mayday, but that’s just me. Maps like roundhouse kick, no wimps are fun with a lot of techs, but I feel these and dust bowl will probably get the majority of vetoes. Solid list tho for sure, and there are plenty of other good maps to include off the top of my bias rusty head : sovereign land, lakeside, head for the hills etc.. there are so many but I definitely think this list is solid. I do however still think having a “themed list” is the way to go! 

What do you mean by a themed list?

5 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

What do you mean by a themed list?

My thoughts are that it would be nice if the maps in QM had some relation to each other. As a generic example, all desert maps etc.. but you can easily expand into different things, like city maps,  maps surrounded by water, maps with mountains, maps with oil derricks etc.. I mean u can think outside the box. But with the enormous amount of maps, including maybe newer ones yet to be made. I think that this would give reason for almost all the maps available to played eliminating bias and opinions to a certain extent, arguing that it has to fit the theme! Just my two cents :)

Guy's its clear almost all the experienced players want more map's and i personally agree, obviously certain people want to keep the map list small to benefit newer player's even if there are very few of them and i understanding the reasoning behind this, i have suggested implementing a function that allows the more experienced player's more map's while keeping a smaller map pool for the newer player's, we shall see what the responses are in due course.

3 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

I don't like the idea of time maps rotation.

Don't change maps. Put all of them into QM.

You can make different % chance for each map in QM output. This better.

I dont think we should put them all in qm, some maps are incredibly imbalanced or ridiculous for 1v1, however if things are agreed upon hopefully we will find a way to add the vast majority of map's to keep everyone happy.

Maybe a idea could be make a bottom where u can activated only a mappool with maximal 18 and if u dont activated its always standard mappool with 30-40 maps. So lower guys can match better guys only on this max. 18 maps. I hope more ppl will play QM for the future.

Look at GSF, spot 4 is closer to oils, gems and garrisons, on CS spot 4 has more ore for late game and easier to camp the center. Montana DMZ has the airport on the top right for free paradrops.That does not mean people should avoid those maps, if you get the bad position you need to play harder against an equal skilled opponent.

So Grant got back to my suggestion and said we are now allowed 40 core maps and 12 bonus map's (3 of which are swapped weekly) ill add more in tommorow, if theres specific maps anyone would like this would now would be the time to make suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • ZiGZaG unpinned this topic