Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Woooah, that's pretty epic :)

Besides the fact you don't see the passengers, but meh, not like you can really do that anyway ;)

In that animation, the top side seems to mirror in the last frame though. Please fix that :P

Not to bad if I say so my self. Best way around the fact that the RA-1 LST don't turn. XD

Darn hard coded thing I can fix... ;)

Animation is fixed attaching new gif. The Animation looks better in game too.

EDIT:

Icon is done.

LST_AN.gif.abfe472ca34390122bc08e5cad18ccb8.gif

LST_icon.png.dfac8d9976ec681f041c6cb5868b57ae.png

That's EPIC, I didn't actually think you'd do that!

Yeah, well the fact that it is just a picture that moves around (no moving animation) is why I said, as it seemed not to hard to do, nice load/unload animation too.

That looks so cool! And very CnC95 ;) well done!

Talk about how it's strange that they disappear, I remind you that the RA1 transport, the tanks etc first drive on TOP of the unit before vanishing "inside", it didn't exactly look realistic as it was anyway, at least yours LOOK like landing craft.

-Liam

That's EPIC, I didn't actually think you'd do that!

Yeah, well the fact that it is just a picture that moves around (no moving animation) is why I said, as it seemed not to hard to do, nice load/unload animation too.

Its not hard to copy over the CnC95 landing craft to RA-1. The hard part was comming up with a way to make the landing craft load from all side. This was something CnC95 landing crafts never had to do.

That looks so cool! And very CnC95 ;) well done!

Talk about how it's strange that they disappear, I remind you that the RA1 transport, the tanks etc first drive on TOP of the unit before vanishing "inside", it didn't exactly look realistic as it was anyway, at least yours LOOK like landing craft.

-Liam

I would think if the unit didn't disappear it would stay on top like the CnC95 landing craft but this would look bad in RA-1 as players could stack 5 tanks on top of each other. I think WestWood made the unit disappear so that didn't happen.

Anyway....Red Dawn Update 3 is done. I just have to get it uploaded.

Changes for Update 3:

Changes in the RA-1 to C&C95.exes. Satellite Center, Theif and Helicarrier added for Aftermath multiplayer users. New Transport *ship* ingame image and icon. Edit of Chemical Weapons so Chemical Warriors and Chemical Tanks will not kill it self when firing.

two bugs to report.

1. My A-10s don't show up, but I can see what looks like the shadow of the yak.

2. On the GDI mission where you have to defend the Adv.Comm (I'm playing the one where it's in the south), when the timer runs outs (and the mission should complete), my game is crashing.

Mission still crashing :(

transport looks great though :D

Did you load the mission from a saved game?

I can get the full name of mission it is listed above the "Breifing" box. I put a box around where it is located in the pic below.

SCG08EA.png.c0f11d49e705e4f727128501ebe3061a.png

Yes I did load it, will it be ok if I just restart the mission?

I can see it's the mission you have right there in your picture anyway.

So it is SCG08EA.ini and I fixed it. You need to restart the mission over. Restarting the mission will clear the old messed up code that caused the crash.

First have Red Dawn Update 3 installed.

Load GDI 8A also know as SCG08EA.ini

"Abort Mission" than go to "Restart Mission" This will force the game to read the new SCG08EA.ini and not the bad data on the saved game.

Once the mission is re-started save over the old saved game for GDI 8A.

The mission should play fine after that.

• 3 months later...

Red Dawn should work fine with any Red Alert. There are only 3 of them out there. RA1 Retail CDs.  RA1 Retail  you have the Allied and Soviet disk (you may have Counterstrike and Aftermath too) The First Decade (TFD) and a few like RA+ that extract the  MAIN.mix from a RA1 Retail CD and edit the RA95.dat to make it run no CD. This confuses the Red Dawn installer to no end.

I had to make a patch for RA+ as my installer thinks RA+ is RA1 Retail CDs and will not work with RA+. The RA+ patch is a no CD game exe. If a RA1 Retail CD user tries to use the Red Dawn RA+ patch they will find that it will not work very well as some of the games graphics and sound are missing.

Was already clear to me. Just did not know that there exists a NoCD (FullRa+ Patch). What i meant and looking for. :)

i think besides, that a copy of all necessary files to the hard disk and then with NoCD much better is. Because installed from the Retail CD, not really working right. Everyone needs to know itself.

... At this point, I have only one place that you can download the installer from. I’m looking for others. If you know of other places that it could be uploaded to let me know.

Link for Mod download. Red Dawn Update 3. ...

Hi Allen,

For the TD single player missions thread, I've been using 4shared and DropBox. They are programs for cloud computing and they have public folders where a third part might download stuff. 4shared is also a storage site.

The thing is 4shared program is not reliable yet, it is deleting files easily. DropBox is simpler, without Advertisements, clean outlook and the program is stable. It has a simple necessary feature - a pause function. You could try it. The allowed size in the beggining is 2Gb.

Have in mind also that I am a regular user not an IT expert.

Thank all share

---

Hello?I from Taiwan.

Sorry?My English is not good

I try my best to tell you.

---

Hi Allen.

I share your mod in taiwan games discussion board.

"http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=01602&snA=4623&tnum=3"

One gamer tell me ?some error at the game's Mission.

I try test the game to use keepin' RA online File to update Red Dawn.

Also test the game to use Original Red Alert 1 up to 3.03 TFD.

The two method install RA3.03 also will may the Red Dawn with the same Error.

---

First is Normal mission GDI-7

It have two error.

the player tell me.

no.1 error

If he go to attack the right enemy's base and move my screen to right.

It have chance get a error happen.

NormalMission-GDI-7-2.jpg

no.2 error

My unit at the enemy's base maybe will crash

NormalMission-7.jpg

but sometime mission 7 error will not Trigger.

---

Second is Aftermath GDI mission-5-Negotiations

If I try control my unit go to church.

Commando go to church will not Crash

but Hostage try move to church will be error.

---

RD-After-Mission-5-Negotiations.jpg

RD-After-Mission-5-Negotiations-2.jpg

---

But I retry use Red Alert1 Aftermath to save the game

I use the save to the Red Dawn .

In this save,the Hostage can't control to move.

It's ok to go church.

---

Pass.jpg

---

the save game is here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4M1A3RJ

---

Please help to avoid the error?Thanks very much

Thanks for posting!

Negotiations has a bug. I fixed it. GDI Mission 7 will be hard. Any time a weapon is fired out the north or top of the map. It makes the game error. I will have to remake GDI Mission 7 completely new to fix this.

When both are done. I will post a link with a patch to fix them.