Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Yes I used XCC Mixer to covert the C&C95 graphics to RA1. (Also used to extract sounds and videos) With out The XCC Utilities C&C 95 to RA2/YR wouldn't be moddable.

I think C&C-RAED is the only Windows scenario editor. The other scenario editors I know of are DOS based and didn't work with CS or AF.

By the way. When you asked for a scenario editor were you think of the Red Alert Terrain Editor that comes stock with Red Alert?

Red Alert Terrain Editor is in the screen below. Red Dawn has all the needed parts for it but for the edwin.exe. I have no way to apply a no CD to it so I didn't come with Red Dawn. I think I know if a No CD edwin.exe. If I can find it and get to work on Win 7 I'll put it into the next Red Dawn.

You can use RAED the same way. If you need help with using RAED like it is Red Alert Terrain Editor let me know. Its not hard. In the Docs tab of RAED is tutorials and examples of how to build missions as well.

Red_Alert_TE.png.3ed60590ed893cd1cd10dc0b60362346.png

Haha xD

I was just discussing with my friend whether it's possible to use RAED with Red Dawn then I come here and find a unique version, brilliant! I wanted to check out the scenarios as I noticed they have slight differences in map design. Especially the late GDI missions, what the hell was with the A.I Infinite Helicopter spam D:

About the Weapons Factory. Krypto on page 12 asked the same thing. The Weapons Factory is the same as C&C 95. Nyerguds is the expert on C&C 95 and confirmed that it is right.

As a general rule all TeamTypes including helicopters have orders that if the first assigned target is destoryed to move onto another target.

In C&C RAED it looks somthing like this

Orders:          0 Attack... Advanced Power Plant

1 Attack... Infantry

2 Do this... Hunt

So using the orders above the AI will attack any Advanced Power Plants first, if all are destroyed or none is found on the map it will move onto Infantry. If all Infantry are killed or none are on the map the AI will "Hunt". When the Hunt order is used the AI will attack any enemy it can find.

Helicopters (and fixed wing aircraft for Red Alert) work the same way but when the run out of ammo they quit attacking. They will land at the helipad (or airfield for Red Alert) and wait for another triger to use them and be in guard mode waiting to attack an enemy that comes close by. 

OR

If the Helicopters (and fixed wing aircraft for Red Alert) were reinforced from off the map they will fly off the map when all targets are destoyed or they run out of ammo.

Now I get it and now how it annoys me a lot in It Came from RA! 3: hunt! (GDI 4th Mission in secret mission). Oh and Why are units invisible inside the LST (Transport) and appears when unloaded? I Don't remember that in C&C 95. As much as I remember, LSTs shows the units being carried there.

Oh and allow me to ask another question are construction yards meant to explode twice?

What annoys you about It Came from RA! 3: hunt!? I can't change how the LST load and unloads units.  In C&C 95 all LSTs unload ints from the bottom of the map and only move up and down. My gesss is that Westwood couldn't make the LSTs move every direction and have the unit stay visible.

The Construction Yard is self healing. It will self repair up to 50% like Mammath Tanks. This causing the explode twice bug. Also in C&C 95 the Construction Yard didn't self heal I just wanted it to.

The LST in C&C1 is a crapload of special exceptions. The one in RA is just a water APC. It's impossible to make an APC draw its loaded units on top of itself with normal graphics and stats modding. And since you can literally load several tanks in there, it would look weird anyway.

What annoys you about It Came from RA! 3: hunt!? I can't change how the LST load and unloads units.  In C&C 95 all LSTs unload ints from the bottom of the map and only move up and down. My gesss is that Westwood couldn't make the LSTs move every direction and have the unit stay visible.

The Construction Yard is self healing. It will self repair up to 50% like Mammath Tanks. This causing the explode twice bug. Also in C&C 95 the Construction Yard didn't self heal I just wanted it to.

The thing that makes me annoy there is how the Nod commando will just unload to Chinook and just attack something and the endless infantry rush

The mission uses the same AI as GDI 12 but with all the waypoints reworked to fit the map so it is hard. As for the Nod commando. Just put a Guard Tower or one on each side were the Chinook lands.

Tip: Build a Naval Yard and use ships.

I was referring to from GDI Mission 11 (Clear the Naval Channel) and upwards, NOD helicopters can appear from both onscreen and offscreen, meaning you'll be constantly harassed due to their scripting privileges, but I thought it was a very good addition to challenge and only considered it humorous is all.

@Krypto

I have a feeling you were 30 squares or closer to the Nod base. If you get with in 30 squares of a enemy Helipad and helicopter. The helicopter will take off and atttack you. I didn't add any aircraft to both GDI 11s. I changed the Yaks and MiGs to helicopter.

@DarkVen9109

I think "Priority" is for SuspendPriority found in the rules.

SuspendPriority=20      ; teams with less than this priority will suspend during base defense ops

I didn't remove it. It is on the list. Red Dawn has all of the CS and AF maps so the list is long. Island Wars Extreme is found on the first 4th of the map list. Also I messed it up.... It is give an error.

Download the Island Wars Extreme Fix Red Dawn attach below and put the scml5ea.ini inside of it into your Red Dawn folder (C:\WESTWOOD\RedDawn)

Island_Wars_Extreme_Fix_Red_Dawn.zip

• 2 weeks later...