How many clans are there on CnCNet across all supported games?  You can usually tell, people usually put [ClanName]Nickname. 

How many can you name, or what ones have you seen recently?

2 hours ago, JSDS said:

I only know FF who is dead

And auf,nra,aaa,linez,and more i don't know all 

I hope this help (yr clans)

LOL! JSDS you are too funny:blink: 

There are no "clans" in YR as there is no clan support/clan ladder as of yet. Any "clan" name on YR means nothing until then.

So there is no way to know on YR until if/there is clan support... I'm sure a number of people would form clans once they were incorporated into the game. Roughly 250-300 people play YR here, So realistically i would expect to see 15-20 clans potentially if the support was there.

Edited by -AuF- AuFRuLeR
  • Upvote 3

Ruler is right. Right now on YR there are no real clans... okay, there might be 1-2 groups of random people clumped together under same clan name in an ode to the past, but realistically 0. There needs to be a reason for people to join clans, and perhaps, the biggest problem swaying away people is the lack of control over any clan. If I create clan "[Drake]" what's stopping people from putting [Drake] in their name? Without any control over who is in and who is out, I have no reason to get behind any clan name.

• Upvote 2

It is hard to say, because very few people manually tag their name with the clan before it, because it is pretty  much pointless.

Back in the day,  the very large majority of Tiberian Sun players were in clans, at least 2/3 or more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You want there to be clans before you create a clan ladder? Make a clan ladder and there will be clans.

Anyways, there are some people like me who get bored of 1v1 pretty quickly, and 2v2ffgs are just not the same. Not the same level of competition. Is there going to be a clan ladder? 

• Upvote 1

Yeah-- Just my guess, but it would require a lot of work and time to get a working 2on2 clan ladder system up compared to the QM ladder that we have up.

Why? Because we need to implement a clan system (maybe not TOO hard since we have an account profile). We'd need to implement a ladder based off it (also, not too hard since we have the QM ladder). But we need to make an interface option to work in the client, so now we'd need to be able to sign into CNCNet lobby with our ladder accounts (something we don't have currently), then create ranked clan games (something we don't have currently, although I think it might have been used in the alpha stage of the ladder testing), and have the ranked games correctly give points output in 2on2 and 3on3 formats.

Bit of a tough assignment, I think, but highly worthy of implementing. 4on4 clan matches anyone? hell yeah.

Unfortunately, the current QM ladder is still in the early beta stage as we get the functionality options down, map list, and point system working, a long with correcting all the various bugs that we've found in the ladder testers forum.