Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

It needs to be [basic] UseCustomTutorialText= (Yes/No), after which it gets read in from the [Tutorial] section of the map. I think the format needs to be a ascending numeric keys starting from '1=', like:

[Tutorial]

1=dee

2=34e343

3=hihihi

The mission you uploaded doesn't have 'UseCustomTutorialText=' set correctly and I'm not sure if the '1=' then '247=' thing under [Tutorial] works. Though I'm not sure about the latter and I'm also not sure if my suggestions fix any crashes.

Give it a try. At first I patched the game to allow you to use an external Tutorial.INI file to read the tutorial text from but I figured I might as well modify it to read it from a [Tutorial] section in the map file itself, as it seems no one cares about localisation. It's probably where the confusion comes from.

I thought the UseCustomTutorialText= was like the old one that you needed to list a file. It works fine with R298 now that I know how to use it.

As you can see above Copper is traying to use a Custom Tutorial but it is not working. He will have to grab Patch #1 that updates to R298 as the P I BETA2 just crashes.

Guest Copper

Thanks to Iran's and Allen's help, I was able to properly finish my first mission. Thanks, guys.

Anyone interested, you can find it under RA Singleplayer Maps.

It's working for me too, using Chrome. The site might have been down or experiencing an issue (maybe related to the recent OpenSSL Heartbleed bug).

Tell me if the issue persists, I'll just pastebin a text file equivalent.

Guest Copper

Just wanted to mention, I had no trouble getting to see Iran's feature list. I used Chrome.

Very interesting stuff...

Guest Copper

I'm unable to enable small infantry too. I tick the option, but it does nothing. Didn't much matter to me, but it's strange.

Well hopefully the small infantry can be fixed and the Jungle added. I'm also thing about doing a few of the C&C95 Funpark/Dinosaurs misison but I know there will be problems. I know the missions have some odd bugs/logic and RA1 dosn't have need dino logic.  Nyerguds should be able to tell me about the odd bugs/logic and as for the Dinos I can find 4 non-turret vehicles that I can Image= for the missions.

Guest Copper

Hi, perhaps I can help.

Try this: Place a shortcut of RAED on your desktop (or anywhere it suits you). To open the mission file, drag and drop it over RAED's shortcut. You can, instead of the shortcut, use the .exe itself if it suits you.

There is another way, though it doesn't work with my 2nd PC. Right-click on the mission file (or any .ini file), and choose Open With. Select a program to open the .ini with - in this case RAED. Do not choose to open with this same program every time.

If you later right-click on the file and choose Open With, you can directly select RAED - at least this works on my primary PC.

The first method should be more straightforward, though.