Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

On 12/29/2012 at 9:24 PM, Allen262 said:

Hi!  I love this mod, been playing for awhile now.  I just finished the GDI campaign and had a blast.  When I decided to start the Nod Campaign story mode, it gives me an error saying,

"Unable to read Scenario"

I'm not a C&C modding person so I really don't how to fix this.  I would really love to play the Nod Campaign though because this Mod is amazing.

Edit:

Never mind, I fixed my issue.  I had to Uninstall everything and reinstall the game.  Thanks anyways.

Vary odd but glad you got it working.

How it was done for TS can't be applied to RA1...yet... :(

it works, u just need to modify 1-2bytes in the ra95.exe and you have your own lobby :)

but to get listed on the cncnet.org page u need to ask hifi to add you hehe

Any more info on this would be use full and info on fixing the out of sync error as well since Red Dawn will have it.

open ra95.exe in a hex editor and search for these bytes: 68 35 12

change 35 to 36 for example (not sure which ones are still free) and u will have your own lobby :)

what do you mean with OOS error? this won't add any new oos

but to avoid the OOS the original game already had you should update to irans latest version. Did you change a lot in the ra95.exe?

Right now I'm using Nyerguds vary old 3.03.exe from his 3.03 patch. I added in the old C&C95 icons to it. Other than that it is stock.

From what I recall the sync error could be fixed by adding a ton of keys in the rules.ini

then you should be able to update easy to the latest version, the config tool is very cool :)

you can also keep using your old version and add those entrys to the rules.ini:

*link-removed*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You'll remake Red Dawn campaigns?? Oh and btw when I replace a soldier, the frames should also be the same no.?

Example: Replacing Rocket Soldier with Chem. Warrior

Does this mean I have to remove certain frames from Chem. Warrior? I doubted that's what you did to replace Rocket Soldier with a Grenadier.

All of the RA mission have been reworked for quite some time.

If you make the Rocket Soldier into Chem. Warrior the frame count must be the same. So you will have to remove frames from the Chem. Warrior to match that of the Rocket Soldier carefully.

When I swapped the Rocket Soldier and Grenadier yes I did.

RA dosn't care about frames if the frame count is more than the unit had stock. The game will play just fine but will likely show the wrong frames when fire weapons, crawing and dying. If ARDA lets you set frame like TS dose than you should have no prob.

The punching and kicking was cut from C&C95 and none of the logic for it is in RA1.

I have arda so I'll just have to put Frames=XXX in rules.ini for infantries not sure if this will also support structures cuz I modified my Radar Dome into a comm. Center with 24 frames. 6 for forward and 6 for backward. 6 for destroyed version of the forward and 6 for destroyed version of backward. Anyway this is one of the biggest questions that struck into my mind a long time ago. I just didn't ask you about it. Where did you exactly got the cameo of Radar Jammer Tower? I know you made it via cameo creator.

I don't know any thing about ARDA. The Chem. Warrior still has frames that RA has no logic for and I don't think ARDA would have it as well so a Frames=XXX may not work very well. You may have to extract the Flamethrower or Shock Trooper and recolor the backpack on them. If you can't do this I have alreay done this when I changed the Shock Trooper into a Chem. Warrior and I will give it to you.

The Jammer Tower is from C&C95 videos. The background is from the gunboat video and the tower it self is from one of the tiberium info videos that show a Tiberium Refinery

Why don't you change the white colour on the options menu text and credits tab text to green? What foundations need to be changed?

How did you change the building foundation of the Repair Facility in Red Dawn, btw?

I don't need to change any foundations they work fine as they are. I know some building use a larger foundations like the Adv Power and Adv Com Center but that dosn't bothers me.

The white text is hard coded. It can't be change.

The Repair Pad/Repair Facility was done with bid=yes. In RA the Repair Pad dosn't use a bid.

I showed Pichorra what places to hex edit to have C&C95 show white text in those spots instead of green and I know how to change the text colour for RA95, just need to find a good green colour.

Some of the Red Dawn buildings like the Tiberium Silo, Advanced Guard Tower and Hand of Nod have "smashed" graphics that don't look that nice.

If they are not cut down I will get the same "ghost" through the shroud like the Desert tress had. Adv Guard Tower and Hand of Nod and Weapons Factory all are cut down.

The Tiberium Silo is a resized down of the TD silo. I also cut some parts off so it would fit in a 1x1 square like the RA silo.