Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

When I made Red Dawn window mode wasn't an option as ddraw for RA1 hadn't been made. Window mode option is one of many things that will be added into the next Red Dawn.

This isn't an easy way to change the color of the flame thrower fire effect. You would have to extract the FB1.shp and change to a editable format like .png than edit the frames in photoshop.

The Nod Obelisk of Light has always not been straight. It is always been curved like a scorpion tail. I took the Obelisk of Light directly from C&C95.

Find out what the original sound you want to replace is, and rename your file to that name?

Sound filenames are an internal list in the game, I think. You can't add new ones to that; you can only use the existing names.

if i rename the file to that name, that the sound of all weapons such as rockets and missiles will be replaced . i just want to modify the sound of rockets hit target by the GDI rocket launcher :)

Something is wrong with notify me of replies as I never go an email about this. Hope I'm not too late.

The GDI Rocket Launcher is using Primary=RedEye If you go down in the rules.ini you will find

[RedEye]

Damage=37.5 ;75

ROF=80

Range=6.5

Projectile=HeatSeeker

Speed=20

Warhead=HE

Report=MISSILE6

Change the Report=MISSILE6 to Report=kaboom1 now save your changes to the rules.ini. The Rocket Launcher will now use kaboom1 any time it fires.

Something is wrong with notify me of replies as I never go an email about this. Hope I'm not too late.

The GDI Rocket Launcher is using Primary=RedEye If you go down in the rules.ini you will find

[RedEye]

Damage=37.5 ;75

ROF=80

Range=6.5

Projectile=HeatSeeker

Speed=20

Warhead=HE

Report=MISSILE6

Change the Report=MISSILE6 to Report=kaboom1 now save your changes to the rules.ini. The Rocket Launcher will now use kaboom1 any time it fires.

I have tried it, but i find the Report is only the sound of launching rockets, not the sound of rockets hit the target.

Instead, i replaced the sound track by mixer

thanks.

RA1 won't let me give sounds to each explosion. I know many of the explosion sounds don't match C&C95. I may go back and see if I can match them up better.

thanks for your work!

i found that the damage of a weapon can lead to different effect of explosion. Each effect of explosion has its own sound. i modified the value of damage so that i make the rocket laucher more like it in c&c95.

i'm gonna try this out just like Dawn of TIberium Age(Which is really good especially Skrimish, but the AI spams flame tanks like hell). Hopefully in this skrimish we won't get flame tank spams from AI ;)

You will get spamed with every tank it can build in waves.

The launcher and config tool are made by me too, I copied the layout/design from Nyerguds' tool. FunkyFr3sh did have his own modified version though.

I didn't know that. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

So I went to play the Red Dawn levels I keep hearing about. But they do not work. It barely plays the first briefing video then the screen goes black and nothing happpens. Happens with GDI and Nod campaign. Any ideas on fixing this? It might be my TV though, it has weird resolution issues sometimes.

Red Dawn is old school being made before the Iran patch. I been trying to make a new one that is based on the Iran patch and uses the same set up as FunkyFr3sh however I have been unable to fix the Out of Sync error it has.

I think of asking FunkyFr3sh to remove the Multiplyer options from the Launcher and Config tool he has made for me so I can put out the done updated singleplayer set up. Than I can keep working of fixing the Out of Sync error for a Multiplyer Red Dawn.

He wasn't asking about high resolution, just about why it DIDN'T WORK on his PC -_-

Rob: if the game can start, and you start seeing graphics, it's not a resolution problem, since the game never change video modes ingame.

Yeah. Doesn't make sense, whether its old or new it should still work, I can still get regular RA to work without ddraw. It just seemed like it was getting ready to load a second video but it could not do it for some reason. I thought about looking in the mission files and changing videos to none to see if that is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Dawn 2013 launches after too much procrastination. Now updated with the Iran Patch/Portable RA. This added Hires and better compatibility for Vista and forward systems. New Custom Missions options and new theaters.

Allied Blue has been chaged to GDI Gold but for a few Ant/Resistance Missions. The Score Screens and campaign mission selection maps have been updated to change Allied Blue to GDI Gold as well.

Single Player mission count is now 114. Campaigns, Counterstrike and The Aftermath missions total 76 mission. 8 under the old Ant Mission and 30 using the new Custom Missions option.