Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Downloaded Red dawn, looks awesome.

I would've used the Heavy tank as an advanced NOD tank, rather than leave them with light tanks vs mammoths.

I have raged no less than 3 times trying to beat NOD 7... and still haven't.... there is too much stuff to shoot! stupid obelisks need to target tanks rather than the damn infantry.

EDIT: it was Nod 8a

EDIT 2: 8b is a lot easier than 8a

EDIT 3: Giving us apaches on nod 9 made it far too easy lol, just go and chase the truck as it tries to escape from your base :D

Nod having the Heavy tank dosn't make much since. It is counter to Nods way of fighting.

Nod 8a and Nod 8b are still the same when it comes to AI attacking you once you make it to the main island as the missons were in RA1.

nod 9: I can fix this but you could to the same thing in Red Alert. At the start of the map take all of you tanks and rush the Supply Truck. I made sure you couldn't do this but I see I made another way of quicly ending the mission...

yes.

I think on 8a the ore Tiberium is much harder to get to than on 8b, making it much easier.

Also all the missions after about 10 were easy but long. I finished it :D

NOD losses: 128

GDI losses: 729

NOD buildings Lost: 24

GDI buildings Lost: 159

Score: 43315

I think I won :D

It was fairly simple really, once the nearby base had been destroyed it got very easy.

thats the last one isn't it?

I spent ages NOT building tanks, so I had funds spare for subs and replacing obelisks. I Placed 3 obelisks along the rocky ridge next to the huge tiberium field, with 2 or 3 sam sites.

I used missile subs to destroy the beach entrance to the base closest to you then flanked them with tanks, destroying the production structures and then sending a second wave to mop up.

From that point, with the aid of missile subs, things got really easy.

Once I had destroyed that side base I built an mcv and built a new base by the crapload of tiberium outside it

that funded me enough for a mega army to mop up.

Also I finished the GDI campaign :D

took me about 1 and a half hours for the last mission alone... but I did manage to destroy more than 1300 of NOD's units :D

stealing NOD conyard was key because then I could build nukes/obelisks/sams

very tedious battle.

EDIT (sometime later) How do we get the ant missions to work? I keep being attacked by stealth tanks :D

EDIT 2: That was me being a moron....

Awesome stuff though

I never said it had any NEW mission just that it supports Single Player campaigns, Counterstrike and The Aftermath missions.  ;)

Red Alert won't read any SCA##EA.ini past SCA10EA.ini. SCA11EA.ini is C&C95 Nod 11b that has a imcomplate AI. I never finished it do to to a lack of understanding of the C&C95 AI at the time.

I left it for some one to find and mess with.

ah yes

NOD 11.

THAT mission that drove me insane the first time I tried it....

---------------------------------------------------------

Would it work if I simply pasted your sound files into a normal red alert directory?, I don't see why it shouldn't.

---------------------------------------------------------

Finally I noticed from your briefings and stuff have a few spelling/grammatical errors, I appreciate that English may not be your first language and If you like I can go through the files and correct them for you.

You can't paste a .aud into red alert directory. It won't work.

Some one already sent me update files to fit the spelling/grammatical errors (You can find the files some were in these 20+ pages). I have already put them into the next Red Dawn. I need to see if FunkyFr3sh got a change to look at it to make sure I didn't break any thing for online play.

I didn't mean a .aud I meant the whole mix file

and it works fine lol.

Nice work on recreating the GDI commando mission, that was almost nostalgic. It was annoying where your commando had a risk of randomly dying if he blew up a building...

The next one will not have any sc-***.mix files. Every thing will be put into the correct mix like stock RA1 has. The sc-***.mix is a hold over from the very first Red Dawn that I never took the time to pack into the right mix.

The next one will have many more C&C95 missions.